• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Walkthrough for CM10 JB

Yes I've tested it and it works both in PA and CM10. Remember to flash the EG30modem for 3g. Im looking for an MMS fix still. Think I have the right fix just needa test it.

good, i need 3g to work cause in my area virgin does not have 4g at all, also im going to go with PA when you get it working but i have a question, can you get rid of this bar in the rom? im assuming that it has this bar since its on the screen shots

unwanted%20bar.PNG

Upvote 0
That's what I mean. But can any touchwiz based rom be flashed safely straight from Paranoid Android? Or are there some steps that have to be taken with ODIN etc.
As long as it's a Galaxy S2 rom give it a shot, I've had this phone thinking it on sprint, boost & on 4.0.4 & 4.1.2 as long as it boots into Odin mode it's fixable.

Upvote 0
So I went over to the Evo V 4G forums for Virgin Mobile because when I had that phone I remember they were working on an mms fix for CM10. Upon looking it seems they have both receiving/sending now working. This is their zip that has been modified for our phone with the help of Prinny. Upon flashing it I noticed that I can now receive mms but cannot send it. I hope that with the collaboration of their forums and ours we can get sending working.

Here is the link to the modified zip.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/33nod3y4elt4eej/CM10MMS with MmsFix+cache.zip

Here is the original post. http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/648971-zip-mms-fix-cm-aosp-aokp-thanks-wolfu.html

No credit goes to me.

Upvote 0
So I went over to the Evo V 4G forums for Virgin Mobile because when I had that phone I remember they were working on an mms fix for CM10. Upon looking it seems they have both receiving/sending now working. This is their zip that has been modified for our phone with the help of Prinny. Upon flashing it I noticed that I can now receive mms but cannot send it. I hope that with the collaboration of their forums and ours we can get sending working.

Here is the link to the modified zip.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/33nod3y4elt4eej/CM10MMS with MmsFix+cache.zip

Here is the original post. http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/648971-zip-mms-fix-cm-aosp-aokp-thanks-wolfu.html

No credit goes to me.
Think this will work as is for Paranoid Android ?

Upvote 0
MMS is now fully working on paranoid android for our phones thanks to Prinny over at the HTC Evo V 4G virgin mobile forums. Here is the link to the post with the ROM that he modified to get MMS working.

http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...-cm-aosp-aokp-thanks-wolfu-9.html#post5409330

Go over there and give some thanks! :D

Is that a full ROM, or just an MMS fix that can be flashed after you flash CM10?

Also, can anyone running CM10 confirm what happens when the phone is turned off, left off for a minute or so, and then you press the power button again, does the phone turn on instantly, or does it have a 2-3 second delay before the screen turns on?

As soon as that wake lock pause is gone I'm going out and buying this device!

Upvote 0
Is that a full ROM, or just an MMS fix that can be flashed after you flash CM10?

Also, can anyone running CM10 confirm what happens when the phone is turned off, left off for a minute or so, and then you press the power button again, does the phone turn on instantly, or does it have a 2-3 second delay before the screen turns on?

As soon as that wake lock pause is gone I'm going out and buying this device!

The link is the full ROM rather than an MMS fix. I used to have the wake delay when running stock ROM, but after flashing Paranoid Android it turns on instantly.

Upvote 0
Well I flashed PA with the MMS fix, flashed the EG30 modem everything works as far as MMS, 3G ect.

Has a nasty glitch where the media server will drain your batter really fast, I also experienced a lot of force closes. Camera would force close a lot, the camcorder won't work at all (I even tried the fix listed on the PA site) It also shut down my phone a lot for what seemed like no reason.

Only other issue really is that the MMS fix is baked into the rom so if you try to update you will be back to no MMS.

Upvote 0
Notebooko, did installing the ROM format your internal SD or is everything (pictures etc) still intact?

The ROM itself doesn't format the sd card but during the ODIN part you might want to take out your sd card or back up your data.

Well I flashed PA with the MMS fix, flashed the EG30 modem everything works as far as MMS, 3G ect.

Has a nasty glitch where the media server will drain your batter really fast, I also experienced a lot of force closes. Camera would force close a lot, the camcorder won't work at all (I even tried the fix listed on the PA site) It also shut down my phone a lot for what seemed like no reason.

Only other issue really is that the MMS fix is baked into the rom so if you try to update you will be back to no MMS.

I don't seem to be having those problems. Maybe a bad flash? I've read about the mediaserver glitch, but isn't that a problem across all CM10 variants? I still have yet to run into it and my battery life is better than ever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones