• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wanting to get current

I just F uped and did the update from today, is it possible to re-run that RUU again to get rid of that update?

So I can't re-run that RUU to roll back and get rid of that update?

no ruu's do not go backwards. they only update software. they can't roll back software. sorry. now you will really have to wait and see if team unlimited can crack this ota. not even sure if dirty racun will work now.

always resist the urge to update whenever possible of you plan on rooting. adhere to this rule you will never get into trouble.

sorry i thought you new that:o:(

no ruu's do not go backwards. they only update software. they can't roll back software. sorry. now you will really have to wait and see if team unlimited can crack this ota. not even sure if dirty racun will work now.

always resist the urge to update whenever possible of you plan on rooting. adhere to this rule you will never get into trouble.

sorry i thought you new that:o:(

Okay, how did CapThrowback roll back in this (http://androidforums.com/5492543-post97.html) post?

Okay, how did CapThrowback roll back in this (http://androidforums.com/5492543-post97.html) post?

He's already s-off and actually destroys phones when testing, when necessary, to get us the info we need to do it right.

You're still hboot 2.09, so I think that the Dirty Racun will still work if you can get to a suitable pc.

Ask the Cap'n directly what you can do, he's a great guy, he'll shoot you square every time.

He's already s-off and actually destroys phones when testing, when necessary, to get us the info we need to do it right.

You're still hboot 2.09, so I think that the Dirty Racun will still work if you can get to a suitable pc.

Ask the Cap'n directly what you can do, he's a great guy, he'll shoot you square every time.

I need to find someone with a Win32 machine.

LOL...i am kind of pissed at myself for doing this tonight as I was half asleep...I was really looking forward to trying that new Viper ROM.

hey it happens. you live and learn. just remember to never take an ota and you will be fine going forward.

now at least you have an excuse to get s-off;):D

if you have a windows 7 64 pc, you will not need to use ubuntu. you just need a live cd of ubuntu just in case you get the qualcomm brick mode.

Back
Top Bottom