• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Warning do not change boot animation.

Prime85

Android Expert
I really recommend no one changing there boot animation till a recovery has been made. It seems most people who try have bricked their phone.

I repeat do not alter boot animation!!
Or change system fonts

I was just about to post this.

Heres the reason why, from PlayfulGod, after I posted at UPP the same warning:

"yea the stock ROM on the esteem is set to use a diff format for the images than aosp."

I was just about to post this.

Heres the reason why, from PlayfulGod, after I posted at UPP the same warning:

"yea the stock ROM on the esteem is set to use a diff format for the images than aosp."

That's good to know.

I really don't see any purpose to changing my boot animation since my phone is never turned off.

plus at any giving moment your phone might reboot and get stuck in a boot loops, and i have seen multi threads/post about peoples phone will constantly boot loop after installing boot animation, but some have had success aftera factory reset, but for some no luck.

Damn, we can't do anything on this phone. Jk/ new phone takes time but we need recovery /Roms nao! :c

You may have had success with it, but apparently quite a few have not, and I don't think the answer is a specific app. Since this seems to be a common issue, I would suggest that everyone avoid changing bootanimations until a recovery and either a stock ROM or custom ROM have been created. As of this moment, a lot of people have no alternative if the factory reset doesn't work.

I think actually theres been a few that have used Absolute and hit the never ending boot loop/brick. Matter of fact theres even a user here that changed his boot animation and was successful found one he liked better and bricked when he rebooted.

I played with boot animations on my Ascend and even went thru the long task of resizing pics but all was basically a waste of time for me really seeing how I usually only reboot if I change something that requires a reboot other wise the phone never gets shut off.

Agreed.. Seen both a few posts about both bricking the phone. Pushing prl's and rooting is safe.. It depends on how far you go with root before a recovery is available though.. , kanaidas asp seems safe too.. , for now I'd be happy with those improvements and be patient.. Just my opinion..

love the phone the way it is with all bloatware gone and i can restore them if needed, i dont need something flashy for boot, the stock boot animation looks good, plus who really reboots there phone just to see an image, personally i dont reboot my phone cause it never slows down. Just my 2 cents.;)

Lol, when I get a new phone, replacing the boot animation is one of the LAST things I'm worried bout. My phone never gets rebooted unless I run the battery dead before I can get to a charger, or in the rare case that something is screwed up and I can't figure out how to fix it without rebooting. (Rebooting to fix a problem feels like cheatin to me... I'd rather understand why it's acting up and learn to fix it, rather then reboot and forget til next time!)

That being said, thank you for the warning. Agree 100% with nuttmeg that you never know when your phone might act up and reboot itself.

Lol, when I get a new phone, replacing the boot animation is one of the LAST things I'm worried bout. My phone never gets rebooted unless I run the battery dead before I can get to a charger, or in the rare case that something is screwed up and I can't figure out how to fix it without rebooting. (Rebooting to fix a problem feels like cheatin to me... I'd rather understand why it's acting up and learn to fix it, rather then reboot and forget til next time!)

That being said, thank you for the warning. Agree 100% with nuttmeg that you never know when your phone might act up and reboot itself.

agreed, but i break stuff just to fix it, lmao :p

can you get rid of that "metro pcs hello...hello...hellllllllllloooooo" crap or is that dangerous too? i think i speak for everyone when i say i really hate that sound lol

Ok, I hadn't read anything except for this post, now I want to put it back to stack animation before anything happens, how do I go about that? Thanks in advance.

Ok, I hadn't read anything except for this post, now I want to put it back to stack animation before anything happens, how do I go about that? Thanks in advance.

Do you have a copy of the stock boot animation or did you/the app completely over write it?

I"m not sure if it got overwritten, I don't know the names of the stock animation files. I tried to return my phone today but they rebooted it and saw the pacdroid animation plus the "Droid" sound from verizon on boot and right away they new I rooted it and told me I voided my warranty :( I guess that's what I get for being impacient...sux, the only thing I can do know is report it stolen and pay $85 for replacement.
Hopefully a custom rom comes out soon but I know that's way off from a few weeks. I just have to deal with constant reboots for now.

I"m not sure if it got overwritten, I don't know the names of the stock animation files. I tried to return my phone today but they rebooted it and saw the pacdroid animation plus the "Droid" sound from verizon on boot and right away they new I rooted it and told me I voided my warranty :( I guess that's what I get for being impacient...sux, the only thing I can do know is report it stolen and pay $85 for replacement.
Hopefully a custom rom comes out soon but I know that's way off from a few weeks. I just have to deal with constant reboots for now.

Yeahhhhh that wasnt to smart......They probably flagged your account.

No, I know the employee, well he's cool and he does the same thing to his phones. Well I been messing with it and luckily the boot animation was the renames as Bootanimatio.zip.original so I just swaped names and Im back on original boot animation. I'll see if that fixes my reboots, fringers crossed, if not at least I can go to the corporate office and comlain now...

Update: been running it for a few hrs without a single reboot and is much faster than before. I did factory reset it like 3 times then re rooted and fixed the boot animation. I noticed "G.Maps" is not longer running in the background like it used to. I tried closing it and it would automatically restart and I know that slowed my phone down as I noticed that with my Optimus. Got all my apps up and running again...and I'm happy camper once again..Love the way everything is so snappy now...

i rooted my lg esteem,and changed the boot animation(i found a app on the market that had boot animations for certain phones) but i changed my vmb to low and was stuck in the loop,i played dumb and went to metro to exchange it,the guy told me its been rooted,and best thing to do was flush it,but noway i would,so i kept playing with it and after i found the zvc update it worked like out of the box,bad thing is you cant root it,im a noob on here but just wanted to share my story,thanks to all on here for their time and knowledge,keep up good work

i changed my bootanimation to mario bros,and was stuck due to my lack of knowledge on the vmp settings,but if you do i factory reset and dnt allow your screen to time out you will b able to install the zvc update from lg.com,but then no rooting yet on that update,hope it helped,by the way,if you file a lost phone claim,metro will see the gps location and see the phone is at your home,sumthing to think about

Back
Top Bottom