• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Well hello brick

Thats

That guy is This
So today sitting in class my phone just decided to start constantly rebooting. Gets to the home screen and poof, it's gone again. This really sucks. :( Time to go follow Scotty's advice to get this baby un-rooted. I don't pay for VZW's insurance on this, so how do I get a manufacture warranty, since I don't believe it's anything that I have done to have caused this. Thanks for the help around here guys!

Constant rebooting in recovery or the OS,indicate brick.

Thats, are you rebooting in recovery as well?

You get vzw to replace it by putting it back to stock,and if it still rebooted,call and tell them what its doing. They will replace it. You don't need to be paying the extra insurance for this.

Umm.. hi

When mine crapped out, I unrooted, took it to the store, they powered it up, got on the computer and had a phone at my door in 2 days.

They overnight it, but depending on when the order gets placed usually takes another day. Pretty easy and hassle free, and that was with the manufacturers 1yr warranty so didn't cost a penny. Which you should also get. Not an insurance claim based on what you explained.

Oh, and all they send you is the phone, no SD, SIM, battery, nothing. So no need to clear the SD of any 'evidence'.

Ah... the age old issue of rooting and warranty.

Bad News:
Simply put, AF doesn't condone or allow the discussion of fraud (or ways to work the system). Let's make sure that we avoid anything that could pop-up along those lines. :)

Good News:
Once you root you basically void your warranty and take responsibility for your actions. We, however, are still here as enthusiasts to help! As other users have said though, try flashing back to stock and see if that resolves the issue. I'm betting it's just ROM related.

Ah... the age old issue of rooting and warranty.

Bad News:
Simply put, AF doesn't condone or allow the discussion of fraud (or ways to work the system). Let's make sure that we avoid anything that could pop-up along those lines. :)

Good News:
Once you root you basically void your warranty and take responsibility for your actions. We, however, are still here as enthusiasts to help! As other users have said though, try flashing back to stock and see if that resolves the issue. I'm betting it's just ROM related.

I'm not trying to get around the system to get a warranty replacement. My phone started randomly rebooting, near as I can tell it was from nothing that I have done. With it rebooting, I believe that I would be condoned to get a warranty. Once again: not trying to ask how to get around the warranty process, but how I can look into starting the ball rolling if I do indeed need a warranty.

Umm.. hi

When mine crapped out, I unrooted, took it to the store, they powered it up, got on the computer and had a phone at my door in 2 days.

They overnight it, but depending on when the order gets placed usually takes another day. Pretty easy and hassle free, and that was with the manufacturers 1yr warranty so didn't cost a penny. Which you should also get. Not an insurance claim based on what you explained.

Oh, and all they send you is the phone, no SD, SIM, battery, nothing. So no need to clear the SD of any 'evidence'.

Haha, that made me laugh. Good to know that it's just a phone. I'm doing tinkering to figure out what I need to do right now. Currently it looks like I'm hosed, though.

I'm not trying to get around the system to get a warranty replacement. My phone started randomly rebooting, near as I can tell it was from nothing that I have done. With it rebooting, I believe that I would be condoned to get a warranty. Once again: not trying to ask how to get around the warranty process, but how I can look into starting the ball rolling if I do indeed need a warranty.

I figured that that was the case but had to make sure. Thanks for your understanding! :D

Best of luck!

My last phone bricked. Rebooted in recovery even. I got it back to stock from hboot. Thanks to Scottie. Funny thing is after using the .exe it quit rebooting. I wonder if it's true in this case also.

My last phone bricked. Rebooted in recovery even. I got it back to stock from hboot. Thanks to Scottie. Funny thing is after using the .exe it quit rebooting. I wonder if it's true in this case also.

This is what happened. After doing the .exe my reboots went away. Time to go back to MIUI, which I was running before the reboots.

Big thanks to Scottie putting all that together, saved my ass!

Imo an exe file would have probably fixed the other bricks as well perhaps easing the tensions awhile back.

Yeah everytime I read one of these success stories, I wonder if my first Bolt could have been saved..

I wonder that too. Could be that the prollem recovering Early bricks was mr1 was the newest ruu to run, wich for some reasosn wasn't able to fix the issues.

Of course it could also be that recent bricks are a different issue,despite the same symptoms.

Well prolly never know from sure... just keep crossing our fingers that they keep working :D

Definatley not a bad idea to have some .exe files downloaded and ready... just in case :p

I actually had the .exe downloaded just because of the time of year that I bought my 'Bolt. None-the-less, Scotty saves Bolts. 3 beers for scotty!

There were really only one or three phones that were actual bricks. Jcase did a survey and nothing came up other than some reboot issues such as you were having. A total brick would not allow you to recover anything including the stock RUU as an exe. You literally could not get into recovery because it rebooted continuously. If you can get to recovery without a constant reboot it's not a brick.

There were really only one or three phones that were actual bricks. Jcase did a survey and nothing came up other than some reboot issues such as you were having. A total brick would not allow you to recover anything including the stock RUU as an exe. You literally could not get into recovery because it rebooted continuously. If you can get to recovery without a constant reboot it's not a brick.

I realize this, but I would still think if that .exe wasn't around how many times my phone would have rebooted by now.

It's clearly not a full brick, but a soft-brick that's only reverse-able with the .exe.

I realize this, but I would still think if that .exe wasn't around how many times my phone would have rebooted by now.

It's clearly not a full brick, but a soft-brick that's only reverse-able with the .exe.
Yes, correct. Glad you got it fixed, although I wonder what did it.

Mine was definitely a brick. It rebooted from recovery within about ten seconds but not the bootloader. Flashing the exe in hboot fixed it...somehow lol

Mine was definitely a brick. It rebooted from recovery within about ten seconds but not the bootloader. Flashing the exe in hboot fixed it...somehow lol
I'm sorry, I meant from within bootloader. (actually, you couldn't even get to recovery) The true bricks will instantly reboot in bootloader. If there is any way to flash anything then it's only a soft brick.

I'm sorry, I meant from within bootloader. (actually, you couldn't even get to recovery) The true bricks will instantly reboot in bootloader. If there is any way to flash anything then it's only a soft brick.

you guys need to realize that you were only boot looping a very common thing all you need to do a factory reset

Back
Top Bottom