• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Welp im done with Boost

Tank2211

Nov 4, 2011
Florida
Their service has been absolute crap for me and the old lady the past two months and they keep giving us the reach around to of when it will be fixed so instead of paying for crap that doesnt work we are switching services. I wanted to thank everyone here who has put such awesome work into our lil phones ( you all know who you are!! ) and wanted to also thank everyone who has helped me here. Ill till be back on the forum when I decide what service we are going to get ( Cricket looks the most likely atm )

im going to change service sometime in the future. i cant even have a good conversation when im at home because i either get a drop call or it gets all choppy while im talking. im thinking about tmobile. my brothers have it and they pay like $50 with 4g. oh and i rooted my brothers galaxy s2 and we did some tweaks and when we did a speed test he got like 19mbs :O thats faster than the fios we have at home lol. just need to finish paying some stuff and then i will probably switch over.

Upvote 0
I just recently switched to T-Mobile . 4g is amazing. I'm lucky to have it in St Joseph mo. One of the good things with the block of the merger is that they have expanded their coverage. According to the CEO .

You have to be careful with some apps on 4g though. Like the speed.net test run a couple of times can rack up 20mb, lol

Upvote 0
I just recently switched to T-Mobile . 4g is amazing. I'm lucky to have it in St Joseph mo. One of the good things with the block of the merger is that they have expanded their coverage. According to the CEO .

You have to be careful with some apps on 4g though. Like the speed.net test run a couple of times can rack up 20mb, lol

what plan do you have? and how much do you pay?

do you think if i switch to sprint i will have the same coverage as in boost? i was chatting with an employee and she said my area would get good coverage. i told her boost said the same and it was crappy lol but she said i could try it for 14 days and if i didnt like it i would get a full refund. lucky for me i get a discount for tmobile sprint verizon and atnt. im in between tmobile and sprint and want to get hte galaxy s3. on sprint i can get it for $199 and tmobile i think its like $239

Upvote 0
what plan do you have? and how much do you pay?

do you think if i switch to sprint i will have the same coverage as in boost? i was chatting with an employee and she said my area would get good coverage. i told her boost said the same and it was crappy lol but she said i could try it for 14 days and if i didnt like it i would get a full refund. lucky for me i get a discount for tmobile sprint verizon and atnt. im in between tmobile and sprint and want to get hte galaxy s3. on sprint i can get it for $199 and tmobile i think its like $239

Well i have a expensive plan right now. The plan is to wait for my rebate and then cancel my 2yr contract which will cost me $200. I got the HTC one s for free w/ rebate. Then I'm going to use T-Mobile prepaid for the cheap unlimited data plan.

4g on T-Mobile is great. Maybe in the future sprints will be good too.

Upvote 0
Their service has been absolute crap for me and the old lady the past two months and they keep giving us the reach around to of when it will be fixed so instead of paying for crap that doesnt work we are switching services. I wanted to thank everyone here who has put such awesome work into our lil phones ( you all know who you are!! ) and wanted to also thank everyone who has helped me here. Ill till be back on the forum when I decide what service we are going to get ( Cricket looks the most likely atm )

If you like if you get an android phone from cricket ill help port some roms to it just get me the make and model thats all i need really google can get the the base rom i need ^_^

Reactions: Tank2211
Upvote 0
im probably going to open an plan with tmobile. unlimited data 2gb of 4g 2 lines for $100.00
and with the galaxy s3 :D benchmarks on the s3 are higher than benchmarks on my asus transformer prime. and i think boost is slowing our 3g down i cant get over 700mbps with a -65dbm signal when i used to get 1800mbps on with a weaker signal.

Upvote 0
If you like if you get an android phone from cricket ill help port some roms to it just get me the make and model thats all i need really google can get the the base rom i need ^_^
Yea that would be cool brother... from the looks of things over there they need some roms... ill let you know when I get my phone though ( prolly the ZTE Score )

Upvote 0

a reach around? u better sue them for touching your naughty places. :p

Upvote 0
im probably going to open an plan with tmobile. unlimited data 2gb of 4g 2 lines for $100.00
and with the galaxy s3 :D benchmarks on the s3 are higher than benchmarks on my asus transformer prime. and i think boost is slowing our 3g down i cant get over 700mbps with a -65dbm signal when i used to get 1800mbps on with a weaker signal.

Question......is that plan Unlimited Data or 2gb of data? Just got a lil confused with the first line.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones