• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

We're getting the EVO (Rumor)

No doubt Johnny. There's already a bunch of stuff for the Evo already out there. I MEAN A BUNCH! I came real close to getting one that was already converted but didn't because I want a warranty. I hope it comes out soon because I had already made up my mind to get either a Warp or Marquee the first week of May.

yes sir...its gonna be very interesting..but i think i would hold out for now biker..i dont think any of the phones boost has put out yet will match up to the evo

edit...that article had be drooling..almost sounds to good to be true

Upvote 0
Ita deffinately gonna cost more than $300 bucks. If this is true i would say te price would be the same 55 dollors a month possibly without shrinkage and data limit to 2.5 gig. The phone could possibly only support wimax 4G as sprint is still building their LTE network.

Party pooper! :D:p:p:D

I say $99 for phone, keep current shrinkage, unlimited everything, AAAANNNDDD 3g/wimax/lte oh and native wifi tether, wifi calling, international roaming... The works :D:D:eek::eek::D:D

Upvote 0
I can predict ..

EVO 4G DESIGN - $399.99 unlimited talk, text, web and 4G for $70 a month no contract. With shrinkage plan ! Reduce your plan up to $55 a month!

or

EVO 4G Design - $349.99 Unlimited talk, text, web and 4G for $65 a month no shrinkage!

Either way one determining factor will prevent me from buying the phone: homebrew development. I absolutely love the hombrew community here. So much has been done with the prevail it truly changed my mind. I will no longer purchase a phone unless it is backed by a strong homebrew community. Carriers are too slow to update and companies are too greedy to care for phones unless its extremely popular. CTMOD is such a beautiful software and it gives my phone every ability I could ask for. So hopefully the VIEW 4G gets the same amount of love. I'm sure it will since its a high end HTC phone for prepaid and if it does then I'm moving on from Prevail to Design! Until then I will not throw money at my screen.

Upvote 0
Im so glad to hear this once I found out about virgin getting the htc I was thinking man I wish Boost would get this. I mean the people at boost must read forums and use the internet and must know that there are lots of people using htc phones on there network. They might as well start selling the htc instead of people using sprint versions. Also while I have you guys attention, I bought a warp. Its nice having the bigger screen and faster processor. There are programs the warp can run that Prevail can only dream of. My warp has lost of issues, freezes up, random shut offs, poor camera even though its 5 mega pixel, the Prevails is better. Dont buy a warp.

Upvote 0
Im so glad to hear this once I found out about virgin getting the htc I was thinking man I wish Boost would get this. I mean the people at boost must read forums and use the internet and must know that there are lots of people using htc phones on there network. They might as well start selling the htc instead of people using sprint versions. Also while I have you guys attention, I bought a warp. Its nice having the bigger screen and faster processor. There are programs the warp can run that Prevail can only dream of. My warp has lost of issues, freezes up, random shut offs, poor camera even though its 5 mega pixel, the Prevails is better. Dont buy a warp.

With two JD power awards I knew HTC would eventually come to Boost but I never expected the EVO series considering how crummy the wildfire is on Virgin Mobile!

Upvote 0
If I was a moderator I'd make your post a stickie in the Prevail section of the forum! I'm not sure if it is the Warp or ZTE or just that it was pushed out to launch with the other phone before it was ready...

Upvote 0
If I was a moderator I'd make your post a stickie in the Prevail section of the forum! I'm not sure if it is the Warp or ZTE or just that it was pushed out to launch with the other phone before it was ready...

Report the post that you are referring to and suggest it. That's the easiest way for us to make sure we have the right post stickied. :)

Upvote 0
MiguelAMX you may be right.

If Boost is slated to get the Evo then one this is definitely going to be happening. They're going to get 4g. The Evo is a 4g device and putting a 4g device on their network without putting 4g on offer is not going to work. So the question might be are they going to be offering 4g service. If LordVincent is correct then things look very good. Then we should be looking at a Evo and 4g service by the end of Spring.

Second thing that I noticed that their insurance setup is they reimburse handsets till up to $1000. Currently Boost doesn't have a handset of that price range... actually not even half that price. So either they had this from the get go (I was just reading about the insurance last night) or they're preparing too.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

PS: If Boost does get the Evo I hope they dont get the 1.18 bootloader. It is a pain!

I would not be so sure about the 4g wimax.

according to phone scoop not all phones will have a wimax radio enabled.

HTC EVO Design 4G / Hero S (CDMA) Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

Upvote 0
Also while I have you guys attention, I bought a warp. Its nice having the bigger screen and faster processor. There are programs the warp can run that Prevail can only dream of. My warp has lost of issues, freezes up, random shut offs, poor camera even though its 5 mega pixel, the Prevails is better. Dont buy a warp.
Report the post that you are referring to and suggest it. That's the easiest way for us to make sure we have the right post stickied. :)
The quote above yours is what I was talking about. I've noticed that there is a mass exodus from the Prevail. It is a good device and the dev community is unbeatable... but it is very limited. But the grass is not greener on the other side!

That's what I wanted to make stickie. Dont buy a warp.

Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0
Another thing. Its cool that Boost mobile is getting 4g. Hopefully the subscribers are going to get offered a nice 4g handset at an affordable price without too much of a price hike.

Only thing is... Who has 4g coverage? I know I dont. I'm not going to be jumping on the 4g bandwagon till I definitely have 4g coverage!

4G Coverage and Speeds

EDIT: Plus I'm reading that Clearwire has sold usage of its 4g network to Sprint. Probably did. I mean 4g is going the way of the dinosaur and whatever business they can get right now is it. Once everyone gets on the LTE bandwagon things are going to get dicey. Clear's coverage is not that much better either...

http://www.clear.com/coverage

Upvote 0
Looks like most of my travel area, in the city is covered under 4g. But I think I will wait till pricing and shrinkage concerns are addressed before I worry about that bandwagon.

Rate plans would stay the same. On Virgin, this would equate to unlimited data, but slowdowns if a phone passed the 2.5GB mark in a given month. Boost is likely to follow a similar strategy if this view is accurate.

Read more: Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile may get 4G through WiMAX | Electronista

Upvote 0
I can predict ..

EVO 4G DESIGN - $399.99 unlimited talk, text, web and 4G for $70 a month no contract. With shrinkage plan ! Reduce your plan up to $55 a month!

or

EVO 4G Design - $349.99 Unlimited talk, text, web and 4G for $65 a month no shrinkage!

Either way one determining factor will prevent me from buying the phone: homebrew development. I absolutely love the hombrew community here. So much has been done with the prevail it truly changed my mind. I will no longer purchase a phone unless it is backed by a strong homebrew community. Carriers are too slow to update and companies are too greedy to care for phones unless its extremely popular. CTMOD is such a beautiful software and it gives my phone every ability I could ask for. So hopefully the VIEW 4G gets the same amount of love. I'm sure it will since its a high end HTC phone for prepaid and if it does then I'm moving on from Prevail to Design! Until then I will not throw money at my screen.

I agree with both. It probably going to be, like $350 and $70/mo. with shrinkage. They have an android monthly unlimited and a blackberry plan. They might come up with another plan like a monthly unlimited 4G plan. But they should also have the option to have the phone without 4G. And it can be part of the same android unlimited monthly plan. All that matters is the new and better phone. :):D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones