• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

We've upgraded to XenForo! Help us iron out the bugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask what happen to the sent message tab in the pm section. Can someone put the tab back this new way is to cluttered. :confused::(

Yes I say that works hope Google or some butt head Dont mess with that . I say it works very well thank you very much
Brought to you by Google - the people that first removed text reflow from WebKit (mustn't have other browsers doing what mobile Chrome cannot).

This is their solution to the problem they invented by breaking stuff that worked perfectly fine.

And the real reason has zero to do with appearance quality.

How many of us have done this - go to YouTube (a division of Google Skynet), get the message of either insufficient permissions or not available in your country, switch to mobile browser with desktop agent, and boom, watch video, done.

This is all about fixing what they don't like and is zero about viewing quality.

Can I ask what happen to the sent message tab in the pm section. Can someone put the tab back this new way is to cluttered. :confused::(
It's all part of Xenforo conversations.

I hated them at first but got used to them and now like it better - you don't get hit with quoting limits and you can add people to conversations in progress and they can read back to see the whole discussion.

It's definitely something worth getting used to imo.

Yeah, quite a few reports of Tapatalk problems have been coming in. You may apparently have more luck with the non-branded version rather than the AF branded one.
The browsing problem is happening on the generic Tapatalk app. The branded AF app doesn't work at all, as previously mentioned the login is broken so I can't get past that. On the non-branded TT I can log in and see my participated threads but that's about it.

Earlier today I did not have permission to view anything, post anything, or go anywhere. Now I can function pretty much like normal, but when I click on my profile pic, (which I was assuming lets you change it) I get the same message: "you don't have permission to do that..." Is this a bug or just something random that will eventually go away?

Earlier today I did not have permission to view anything, post anything, or go anywhere. Now I can function pretty much like normal, but when I click on my profile pic, (which I was assuming lets you change it) I get the same message: "you don't have permission to do that..." Is this a bug or just something random that will eventually go away?
We've got a number of permission bugs, for a while I wasn't even a member lol - we appreciate your patience on this stuff.

That goes for everyone, definitely.

The browsing problem is happening on the generic Tapatalk app. The branded AF app doesn't work at all, as previously mentioned the login is broken so I can't get past that. On the non-branded TT I can log in and see my participated threads but that's about it.
For me, I had to give Tapatalk several hours to settle and act (mostly) right.

It's still not 100% but for me that browsing problem has reduced itself.

No idea why, just letting you know that you're not alone.

PMs are handled like threaded conversations now, so they're mixed in together.

I would agree with Early that the system has some really nice features. I think it's quite a big improvement.

PMs are handled like threaded conversations now, so they're mixed in together.

I would agree with Early that the system has some really nice features. I think it's quite a big improvement.
Yes I guess I need to get from under my rock and join the light of the new age . the old isn't working no more. :eek::cool:

After all the time i spend on the forums, im happy to have an update. i dont know if its my computer, thats really old, but the site is running pretty slow. again, probably my computer thats 6 years old or so.

Don't know if this has been reported, but there is no apparent way for AF Contributors (and all staff I would assume) to set status (NMI, Answered, etc.) on answered threads in the Android Questions (i.e., non-member) sub-forum. Tried this with Chrome, Firefox, and IE10.

it works for me. I just had to re sign in to the android forums to get it to work.
For all the taptalk users just clear app data and retry . that worked for me when I was at a panic cause I seen the message for 2days . I thought someone hacked and changed my password . but I can say that on opera browser it works very well if taptalk doesn't .

Ah, found my favourites. :) Thanks Xyro.

I'm on the desktop version via my dusted down laptop. I can't see the desktop version of the site working very well in a mobile browser due the amount of small pop up windows that keep appearing. While very useful on a PC (haven't got a tablet to test) on a mobile it's going to confuse the hell out of the browser. Is this why even after changing my user agent and using Wi-Fi it still knows when I access the site via mobile ? If so how? Is it something I can change to try ?

I detest mobile versions of sites and really hate tapatalk. If it is something I am going to have to live with, for me the upgrade will have been disappointing, I seldom use a desktop or laptop, even at work.

I paged through to see if this bug was already on this thread, my apologies if I missed it. I signed up for this forum to root my LG Optimus Elite (so I don't have to deal with another phone not logging into Amazon Appstore, for instance), and I can't download the following attachments: http://androidforums.com/attachments/ministro-ii-apk.38892/ and http://androidforums.com/attachments/poot-debug-apk.38891/. I also went hunting for another example (also non-working) and here it is: http://androidforums.com/attachments/sdk-tools-zip.54908/ I found that example on this page: http://androidforums.com/threads/adb-guide-updated-2014-11-11.443072/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom