• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Internet Site(s) For Tech News?

Goodspike

Android Expert
Over the past couple of years I've stopped visiting more and more tech sites for news, and now with the redesign of the Cnet site I'm left with none. I wasn't that happy with their news, but making it hard to read makes it even worse.

What sites do you people regularly visit?

What works for me is RSS/Feedly, Link Bubble and Pocket.
I pull from CNet, Mashable, The Verge etc. and if I see something I want to read right away I launch it (Link Bubble is excellent for this part) and if I want to get to it later I pop it into Pocket. Then I can get to those articles en masse on my laptop when I have a chunk of time. Either way I don't have to dig through sites or deal with ever changing (not always for the best) UI's.

InfoWorld is a great one-stop shopping site. As kate stated Arstechnica is very good. For devices i use GSMArena and for more indepth info PDAdb.net is a vast database resource. Good luck

Phandroid is obviously one, but I also use Lifehacker and Gizmodo too, pretty good and quite interesting.

Am I allowed to say Android Waypoint :p ? Article flow has been a bit slow recently, but it's not all bad (even if I do say so myself ;))

Personally, Lifehacker is one of my favourite sites on the internet, but you better not mind non-tech related stuff. Gizmodo's not bad either

Engadget is dead to me since all the decent folks have left for The Verge. Even, and I forgot his name, woops, left Engadget for Cnet (and yeah, I hate the new design).
Also, a vote for Droid-Life. Been with those guys since the beginning and Kellen (and Tim), are getting better and better.

Phandroid and android police for me.

I also like listening to android polices weekly podcast.

I don't think phandroid does one (?). If they did, I'd listen to that as well ;)

S5 got pretty burned in the review from The Verge.
Don't care that much either way but I know how David Pierce reviews Android phones so....

I think BGR is one of the worst. A lot of their stories they report are old and dated and often times just complete garbage.

I didn't see anyone mention AnandTech
I think their reviews are pretty unbiased and are very very solid.

Back
Top Bottom