• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is dalvik cache?

Hey Abrown86 :wavey:!

Thanks for that video--that was pretty good! :) :thumbup:

I don't think that clearing your Dalvik cache outside of a ROM flash would do anything for you since I'm guessing that these files are properly managed when an app is uninstalled, etc. (i.e., this cache should only change on app install / uninstall operations) so you're not going to gain anything really useful since those same .dex files will be rebuild upon the next reboot anyways.

Hope that helps!

Cheers :).

think the Davlik cache or Davlik zone was first introduced by Star Trek and originally carried the name of Delphic Expanse .
It is a narrow patch of space located between the Klingon Neutral Zone and the Cardassian Demilitarized Zone. It was mainly used as a recovery place when a temporaly anomaly occured.

Or something like that.

Peter
Sorry to chime in so late, but davlik is a substance similar to treacle and is found and mined in pockets usually found near the mustard mines of Siberia. The locals call it "poyshtik". Glad to be able to clear this up...

Back
Top Bottom