• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's for dinner ?

Pizza Night - Chicago Pizza Authority make great pizza.

pizza.jpg
pizza2.jpg

Last night I fried some breaded cod on hamburger buns and some fries. Tonight I fixed some smash burgers on the Blackstone and served with onion and pickles on toasted buns.

My wife is out of town so I get to eat whatever I want. :) Tonight I'm eating at my favorite Mexican restaurant. The last time I ate with them was my birthday last September. I've eaten with this family owned restaurant for over fifty years. I started out eating with the grandmother, then her daughter and her husband, and now it's her grandson and granddaughter. My wife loves their food just as much as I but everything is so high in carbs that it isn't a desirable option. I'm taking advantage of my freedom of choice and will enjoy their fine cooking tonight. Besides, it's always good to see Steve and Monica. I've known them since they were kids.

I wasn't disappointed in my dining choice tonight. I'm guessing I've had this same meal more than a thousand times over the last fifty plus years. I've never tried anything else on their menu and I compare all Mexican restaurants to this meal and all have fallen short of the mark. I get a deluxe burrito and a side order of rice. The burrito is stuffed with seasoned pork, beans, onions, peppers, and cheese and then is smothered in chili and cheese. I add my rice to the dish. It is more than a hungry man can eat. Tonight's meal cost eighteen bucks with drink and tax. I remember when it cost three bucks. :) No matter the price, the best burrito ever is certainly worth it.

Last edited:
Made my very first grilled cheese last night without any adult supervision yay!
It turned out really delicious.
Lately in this house was pizza for a few meals, and some shrimp on Mon.

We attended a birthday pool party that had finger foods catered. I had a ham wrap of some nature, potato salad, and some fresh veggies and dip. Everything was excellent!

Grabbed a late lunch, early dinner, driving down to Tennessee. Stopped at Captain D's in Murray, Kentucky for some seafood. Got their salmon. Chef should toss the salmon and try again, he burnt it on the edge as you can see in the picture

PXL_20240630_212754008.MP~2.jpg

I sliced up the left over smoked chicken breast for sandwiches. The cold chicken breast tasted really smoky... just the way I like it. I had some macaroni salad with my sammy.

Back
Top Bottom