• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What's your signal strength / mobile network?

Jbuch84

Apr 27, 2010
Like the title says, what is everyone's signal strength (settings/about phone/status) and have you been experiencing any mobile network issues at this level?

My signal hovers between -96 dBm and -101 dBm and have had network problems beyond belief. Moto droid sitting directly beside my fascinate typically is ten points better at -86 dBm through -91 dBm with zero network problems

Hhmm, I'm contemplating returning this one in hopes that my 3g issues are a faulty antenna...but this is my second fascinate..first one was replaced because of the same problem...what's the chances of getting two fascinates with junk antennas in a row? Lol
Maybe give this a try. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=814463
Mixed results but if you are on the verge of returning it it wont hurt

Upvote 0
My signal strength is also low. I get 0-2 bars most of the time. I pull 100-200 Kbps download speed average. At one point the phone was without a signal 73% of the time according to the batt manager.

Don't have another phone to compare so maybe its my area? My old dumbphone got 4 bars. Even outside of home near and in the cities, my signal is erratic. Might try a factory reset but not sure if that will solve anything. Maybe I should call verizon and see if my phone is properly configured?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones