• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which ROM with EC05 is best?

Did you wipe and then flash v5? Or just flash it over 4.2? I'm kinda confused about this process.

I backed up all my data with mybackup, then I wiped x3, flashed the rom and restored everything needed
except system settings.

I have not encountered any issues.

snap20110325_120041.png

I cannot get any Bonsai links to download. I registered yesterday but it keeps telling me access denied after I run through the shopping cart process. And advice would be appreciated.

Did you click the link in the registration email? Did you make sure that you are logged in to their forum?

I thought wed haveto go back to stock and stuff, but just to make sure, from eb13 midnight 4.2, all youd need to do is back up your stuff, then is wipe the things 3x each, then install 5.0 from clockword?

thx :d

yep, backed up my data wiped everything x3 flashed the v5 zip, loaded up the phone then went back 2 recovery to flash the standard zip. After a couple hours i decided to flash the ec05 modem aswell.

sorry typing from my phone

Great. Thank you! Would you mind chiming in on the other thread regarding rooting with EC05? The thread died quickly because someone said there's no root for EC05 yet.

BTW, the one click root method in the wip thread worked perfectly for me. (took two tries)

Not sure what thread you're talking about, but I could've been the one who said there was no confirmed way to root EC05 yet from stock. I just didn't want a complete newb to jump on it and hose their phone before someone with real experience and knowledge said, "yup, the same one-click root works with EC05".

It's been verified now, so no worries, but I just wanted to put a warning out there to newbs who would just one-click away without thinking...

I honestly completely dismissed rooting (for now) when I saw that post, and stopped even reading this section because I was discouraged. I'm glad I stuck around and found Kelmar's post. :)

Kelmar/Anyone

I love the WIP post - but I would like to get back to the original question "Which ROM with EC05 is best" - I know of three out there.

I am a relative newb and took the plunge yesterday to go with a custom rom, "a little scarey in parts when it did not seem to go as smooth as it should".

I started with Syndicate Frozen - ok at first but when I restored my data/apps and updated some apps (Launcher Pro was one of then) I went to a world of hurt could not get the phone to boot up - lots and lots of Force Closes and not able to bring the system up. I also had lots of crashes before updating LP. So reflashed again to get back to base Syndicate and then flashed Bonzai - so far this seems much more stable. I may never get around to Midnight ROM.

I see this question will be part of you next WIP post - but what are the advantages/disadvantages of each ROM and can you provide any insights into the origins/future developments of each ROM) I know they are also many other ROM's out there.

Kelmar/Anyone

I love the WIP post - but I would like to get back to the original question "Which ROM with EC05 is best" - I know of three out there.

I am a relative newb and took the plunge yesterday to go with a custom rom, "a little scarey in parts when it did not seem to go as smooth as it should".

I started with Syndicate Frozen - ok at first but when I restored my data/apps and updated some apps (Launcher Pro was one of then) I went to a world of hurt could not get the phone to boot up - lots and lots of Force Closes and not able to bring the system up. I also had lots of crashes before updating LP. So reflashed again to get back to base Syndicate and then flashed Bonzai - so far this seems much more stable. I may never get around to Midnight ROM.

I see this question will be part of you next WIP post - but what are the advantages/disadvantages of each ROM and can you provide any insights into the origins/future developments of each ROM) I know they are also many other ROM's out there.

Completely depends on what you're looking for. I run SRF right now, and I've never experienced the problems others are reporting. I took each and every step the ROM dev said, and I didn't have any problems...go figure.

If you had a bunch of FCs, I'm guessing you missed something. As I reread, it says you restored your apps and data...that's the problem right there.

Either way, each ROM has it's pros and cons, but you need to decide which is best for your needs. I think SRF has a great blend of speed and stability, but from reading (not my personal experience) most people seem to question it's stability. I think the battery life of SRF is fantastic, but I think with SetCPU settings, you can probably get good battery life with any custom ROM as all the Sprint BS is goneski.

I haven't tried Bonzai, but a lot of people like it, but it also seems to have it's fair share of problems too.

I say check them all out. See what fits you best and stick with that one.

Back
Top Bottom