• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Who all bought the 32GB microSD card from Verizon? $99!

I'm going to copy straight from the phone in storage mode to the 32GB card in the card reader then swap the cards out of the phone. That seems like the fastest way to me.

My first android, so excuse this question if it is obvious, lol, but if i copy the whole card over will it be like the same card was in there when i put the new one in, just with more storage of course.

Just got mine from FedEx. 32GB on this tiny little card is amazing. Like the little reader that came with it. I should have bought 4 instead of 2, but that would have just been greedy. Wouldn't have eBay'd it though - don't buy just to resell on eBay.

looks like the real problem was that it was supposed to be listed at $149 like all the media reports stated, and have a $50 discount online to make it $99. Someone put it as $99 to begin with and the discount was still applied. Its currently stated the right way on the site. Wonder how much they lost in all this, i found this deal posted on several forums and sites. $50-$100 loss, depending on how you look at it, for each one plus shipping, yikes.

They would have lost even more money had the picture on the page not been of a 16GB card. A lot people hesitated because they weren't sure if they get a 16 or 32GB card if they ordered.

I wonder if they intended the card to actually be sold to Droid X buyers at the special price. The X is heavily advertised to come with 8GB internal and able to use a 32GB card for 40GB total, and I think that was intended to get X buyers to slap on a 32GB card. I bet the pix mistake was because they put up the sale page before they actually had the 32GB card in hand and just turned it on without going back to fix the pix. That mistake probably caused more hesitation than the class 2 though because most people really don't know enough why different classes would be necessary. For the millionth time, most of us won't be hampered at all by the speed difference as it's going to come in play while adding data to the card. If I'm transferring that much data, I'm doing it directly to the card if I can.

There definitely was a mistake, but VZW didn't lose anything on it because they undoubtedly got the cards for far less than what we bought them for. I'm convinced Sandisk is sitting on an outrageous supply of these because no one was buying them at $199 or even $149, and not even many at $99.

only took about a half hour to transfer 5gb, not bad. But the reader does not seem to work for me, showed up but would not let me go into the drive and listed it as 0kb. The sd adapter did work and i just stuck into the card reader on my laptop and it showed up right away. Right now transferring some high quality divx movies over :)

can anyone confirm the buyer from ebay they bought theirs from? I would like one but i'm worried i'll get faked out or something. or if they find one from another site that is cheaper than verizon.

I tried to pick it up for $49.99 (if you searched the site on Friday, it came up as $99.99-$50 discount), but every time I clicked on the item, it came up $99. I called Verizon and they said the discount was for Verizon Subscribers.

can anyone confirm the buyer from ebay they bought theirs from? I would like one but i'm worried i'll get faked out or something. or if they find one from another site that is cheaper than verizon.

The Verizon cards so far that I have seen pictured so far are explicitly repackaged and rebranded to plainly say Verizon, and include the SD adapter and USB dongle (hehehe...dongle), blister packed on white cardboard with logo etc. (See Below)
%21BySqiJg%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqYOKkYEwREU53WDBMRG+Q4jTg%7E%7E_12.JPG

I haven't received mine by mail from Verizon yet, so I cannot confirm if this is the actual packaging.

The problem with Ebay is, anyone could put up a generic picture of the Verizon product (or any product) to bait buyers. Your best bet is to find a seller with prior positive feedback from sales, personalized product pictures or personalized item description/listing, contact the seller personally, and hope for the best.

Got mine in today. Already copied my measly 8GB card and the 32gb works perfectly. Thanks Verizon! (Only time I will ever say that)

Stupid signature. Didn't read the tracking information close enough. Those of us who ordered Friday and work full time won't see it till tomorrow. I'm going to swing by on my way home but with my luck the truck won't be back yet.

Got mine today and the packaging is just as shown in the photos posted here. I transferred everything from the 8gig to it, and it worked like a charm (except it changed one of my custom ringtone assignments for some reason). I had no problem with the little USB reader. Very cute and will be going on my keychain for ease of transfer for my fiance's phone (and his kids' phones) since we all use micro sd cards. Wish I'd bought a couple of them now .... :)

Oh yeah ... I got mine at the $49 price with free FedEx shipping. And yes, signature is required. Usually FedEx drops stuff off with no sig even if they're supposed to get one, but not today. They guy said it's because he thought it was a phone in the box and they can't leave phones without a sig ....

Stupid signature. Didn't read the tracking information close enough. Those of us who ordered Friday and work full time won't see it till tomorrow. I'm going to swing by on my way home but with my luck the truck won't be back yet.

That's why I shipped mine to my job and got it at 10am this morning. :D

I ordered Friday and all I needed to do was print up my email receipt and sign it. I stuck that on my door and Fedex.com shows "delivered - release authorized".

Back
Top Bottom