• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Who all bought the 32GB microSD card from Verizon? $99!

Mine says 'Order Status: Your order has been processed and will be shipped based on inventory availability and shipping method. You will receive shipment notification and tracking details via email.' I Ordered it at 1:57pm Est for 50$ hope I wasnt late to the party.

I ordered mine around 2pm today too. Got an e-mail at 10pm saying it shipped via FedEx.

Awesome deal! It almost feels like I stole something. :D

I'm not even sure where to begin with this.

You do realize its a class 2 card? Some people said they paid 50 for it which would def make it worth buying, but my opinion still stands. I can't justify paying $100 for a piece of plastic. So by any means please begin.

Not any more, last year Sandisk came out with a class 10 32 gb card!

SanDisk's 32GB class 10 SDHC card competes for world's fastest -- Engadget

AH yes I forgot about that! Damn I'd sure like a Class 10 but I bet our phone only goes up to Class 6 or something like that.

Yes but that is an SD card not a Micro SD card. Class 10 hasn't hit the 32gb Micro SdHC cards yet. Kingston has a Class 10 16gb though so it is only a matter of time.

Someone on the last thread insisted the card would show up today, when i suggested overnight wont include saturday delivery. I was right, est delivery date : monday.

Why are some complaining about it being Class 2, isn't the 8 gig in the phone Class 2?

Anyway, my $50 32 should be here on Monday. I'm going to be able to load up on movies and music.

Why are some complaining about it being Class 2, isn't the 8 gig in the phone Class 2?

Anyway, my $50 32 should be here on Monday. I'm going to be able to load up on movies and music.

Probably the reason everyone went out and bought class 6 or class 10 sdcards. You will find out why people are making a big deal about class 2 once you put your movies/music on your card and try to play em. Gonna be a whole lot of lag and stuttering. Sorry bro.

Probably the reason everyone went out and bought class 6 or class 10 sdcards. You will find out why people are making a big deal about class 2 once you put your movies/music on your card and try to play em. Gonna be a whole lot of lag and stuttering. Sorry bro.

I play movies and music all the time on by Evo :confused:

The class has to do with the transfer speed, which doesn't affect movies.

And who is this everyone, most people still have the stock SD card that came with it.

yes.. that is what I am worried about... I have heard other on this forum complain about lag and weird reactions from the phone (Sprint Hero)... and in some cases it was the class 2 speed that makes the Hero trip. Evo being so much faster... might trip up the Evo more.

I was very suprised that they only put a class 2 (8GB) card with the EVO. I was wondering if these cards might perform better than they advertise; as some have known to be.

Has anyone had the chance to:
1. test the speeds of these 32GB cards
2. compare to the bundled 8GB card that came with EVO

I have a 16gig class 2 card now with no stuttering or lag playing movies or music, so you couldn't be more wrong genius.

People that talk about class 2 cards playing back movies slow and with stuttering are talking out of there ass. The read speed is fast enough to watch hd movies with no problem. BTW you will have a nice long wait before class 6,8,10 cards come out let alone be cheap enough to buy.

I dont mind waiting the few extra sec/min to copy over files for the free card i got after i sell the second for profit.

Doubt that will happen because our invoices show 32GB part number, and such a bait and switch would leave Verizon open to certain liabilities that I'm sure they don't want to have..

So no worries :D

This is all great news, I'm expecting mine today. The deal is even sweeter because of the disk reader -- the last SD card I bought had no accessories, and I could only access it through the phone. Should make the transfer of files from old to new much quicker since I can copy straight from phone to card instead of dumping on the PC them copying back to the phone.

what will be the best way to transfer, copy the whole card to computer then to new card with the reader, or put the card in the reader and transfer from phone hooked up to computer straight to new card? Should i bother transferring like mail cache and that stuff over or just put my music on?

I'm going to copy straight from the phone in storage mode to the 32GB card in the card reader then swap the cards out of the phone. That seems like the fastest way to me.

Back
Top Bottom