• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

who all uses google hangout?

I would if it didn't turn the Enter key into a Smiley key.
And I don't want to change the keyboard as I like to use Swype.

Pep

Yes the smiley is annoying. I'm using swift key and its still forcing the smiley over the carriage return. Weird.

I like Hangouts though. After using Handcent for 4 yrs and having continued problems with pictures not being added, this is nice.

Upvote 0
Its my main internet messenger. I have used it plenty for SMS, but not using it as of now. It works very well. But there are a few things I don't like about it for regular sms.

You cannot send or receive contact cards via .vcf ...you have to use email. Also, I don't like that I cannot get direct to the persons contact card by touching there photo, like you can with stock messengers. You have to back out and go into Contacts.

Upvote 0
Just wondering who all uses google hangout? If you do use it do you like it? Is it like a regular messaging app?

I like it and use it. Prefer Chat On though but i can't use either app to reply to messages on my Galaxy Gear. Samsung are a bit backwards that way. I can understand not being able to on hangouts as its a Google owned app but chat on? Its their own app. How stupid

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones