• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who has an official 2.3.4 firmware update via Kies?

I couldn't be bothered to wait so just updated to 2.3.4 myself using the firmware from the xda forum. Battery life is definitely improved :)

Is it XXKH3? Did it wipe your phone?

I ask so because i do not want to go through the pain of re-installing my apps.
Titaniium backup might be amazing but afaik it only works on rooted device?
Also I don't want to root as it may void my warranty.

Thanks & regards,
Darshan

Upvote 0
Is it XXKH3? Did it wipe your phone?

I ask so because i do not want to go through the pain of re-installing my apps.
Titaniium backup might be amazing but afaik it only works on rooted device?
Also I don't want to root as it may void my warranty.

Thanks & regards,
Darshan

No it doesnt wipe anything apart from carrier-specific bloatware. I'm on Orange so I had to download Orange Wednesdays and Your Account from the market. I never used the others Orange stuff, so these 2 were all I had to set up again.

Upvote 0
No it doesnt wipe anything apart from carrier-specific bloatware. I'm on Orange so I had to download Orange Wednesdays and Your Account from the market. I never used the others Orange stuff, so these 2 were all I had to set up again.

Brilliant. that gives me more confidence to use ODIN and the XDA firmware.

Not worried about the carrier specific bloatware too, as i am on generic CSC at the moment. Nothing to lose here ;)

Thanks for the reply mate.

Cheers,
Darshan

PDA:KG3 / PHONE:KG2 / CSC:XEUKD1

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones