• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who has an official 2.3.4 firmware update via Kies?

Have you ever thought that the fault could be yours? Expecting too much too fast. NONE of them spit out upgrades as fast as we (you) would like.:p

No the fault is not mine, my Galaxy is sim free so expect update before branded Galaxy's. This is their flagship device and now they are starting to release 2.3.5 before most of their users have 2.3.4. To me THAT is crap service!:mad:

Upvote 0
That reminds me, does the root/odin route install with the same GS2 TouchWiz UI, just without all the carrier rubbish?

I'm not sure I can hang on any longer so I'm seriously considering doing this. I'm more worried about screwing it up and bricking my phone.

theres loads of guides around - I used samfireware - never done it before. Its easy. Also did my other halfs galaxy mini - then she lost it grrrr

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones