• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Whyzor's CM7 reloaded: Stock edition

ebnight

Hey all,

For those who have an aversion to ADW or enjoy a more stock Gingerbread feel. Here is Whyzor's latest build (2-18) repackaged and resigned with the stock gingerbread launcher instead of ADW. Flash in recovery with the same steps as you would normally.

Thanks to Whyzor for the consistant, fantastic builds and as always thanks to isaacj86 & tickerguy, for their fantastic work, making this phone what it is today.

Screenshot:
458a3271-7aec-fc00.jpg

Download link:
http://db.tt/DuqcPomA

not bashing your thread, but couldn't this be done with a flashable zip?
I remember being able to flash the stock gingerbread launcher on the Optimus V

your right it could have been done with a simple zip, but this is what makes new devs... you do one simple thing, and then you get curious. you decide to make something, and you get addicted lol :D

Good Job ebnight! keep it up! ;)

Good job. I've been repackaging Whyzor's work for a while now.

Shoud we look for deeper work from you soon?

Thanks ziggy ya just trying stuff out, and yes I hadn't thought of just making a add on package to change it *facepalm* and sorry for the typo in Isaac's name :p

Thanks ziggy ya just trying stuff out, and yes I hadn't thought of just making a add on package to change it *facepalm* and sorry for the typo in Isaac's name :p

Its a good start though. You should find ways to make this rom your own lol like mods and theme :D

I had been working on a stock like version of CM7 but then decided I suck and it was a bit passed my level of skill. Basically I just ported the God awful Boot Animation, thankfully I never figured out the audio, was able to slightly modify a Froyo CM7 Retro theme to look like the Triumph Froyo Rom with the Red wallpaper and all, removed the stock CM7 APK's and replaced them with the stock Triumph Bloatware and was looking for a way to remove the CM settings or at least the option from the menu when I quit and started working on a Kindle CM7 theme that I will probably also never finish. At this point for me it’s more of a learning process as it takes me weeks of reading once I get an idea in my head. I’m hoping one day things will just start to click and I can get things done in a shorter amount of time then my attention span.

Thank you so much for doing this, I really appreciate it, seeing as I personally have a huge aversion to ADW Launcher. (As one of your reasons for doing this suggested :P)

Ya no problem. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to continue with future releases. Considering that it's not very hard.

All you have to do is use root explorer/other file manager with root abilities, and pull the launcher2.apk out of an old tickerguy build. Then in you're file manager, mount the /system as rw (read-write), then copy the apk into the system/app folder, then reboot.

If you want you can also delete adw though make sure it isn't your default launcher.

The flashable zip found here will automatically replace ADW Launcher with the Gingerbread stock launcher found in Tickerguy's CM7.. and works for all versions of CM7 including Whyzor's and TG's. You just flash this in recovery to easily uninstall ADW and install the GB Launcher.

Thought this might help you since this seems easier. :D

[MOD] CM7 gb Stock launcher & cm7 GB Mod 3.0 - xda-developers

"removes adw launcher; installs stock gingerbread launcher2.apk"

Back
Top Bottom