• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wi-Fi not showing

I started the process to root my wife's samsung transform ultra. Didn't do it right and the phone rebooted back to stock. That's when I noticed there was no Wi-Fi. Checked the settings and it was turned off. Turned it on and it scans, but cannot find my home network. I have no idea how long the wireless has been off/not working!

Went ahead and finished the root and installed megatron 6.2, but it didn't fix/change the wireless issue.

I've done some searching and this doesn't seem to be a common issue. Anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

Well, that seemed to be the ticket. I reset the cisco, then changed the wireless band to 5ghz and the channel width to auto (which restarted the wireless services). Turned off/on the phone wireless and the network reappeared.

But then none of the other machines in the house could see the wireless.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones