• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi Won't Deep Sleep... Tried Everything!

StratAvidity

Lurker
Mar 20, 2012
Hey guys, I'm new to all this stuff so go easy on me lol. I have done A LOT of reading about this problem but I can't get any of those suggestions to work. The WiFi on my EVO will stay on when the screen is shut off (the settings in CM7 have been set so that it should turn off with the screen). I am running the latest nightly of CM7, I have tried numerous kernels (currently using the latest Tiamat), I have used CPU Spy and Better Battery Stats (which is a little difficult for me to understand) and can't seem to isolate anything that would keep the WiFi on when the screen is off. I have wiped the cache, Dalvik cache, battery stats, you name it, it's been wiped... Then I installed CM7 without the GApps and the WiFi still remains on when the screen is off. I have tried changing the policy in the "WiFi sleep policy" settings to "Never" and "Never when plugged in" and still have the same problem. Some of the posts that I have read about this problem pointed towards a rogue app or an app that's using the WiFi while the screen is turned off but (perhaps my lack of intelligence in regards to Better Battery Stats is the culprit) I can't seem to find anything that would be causing the problem. I would appreciate any help that I can get! Thanks guys.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section. I should have posted yesterday night that I got this to work. It turns out that I was being a little too impatient in trying to get the phone to go into deep sleep. I think the problem was that when I went through and installed the ROM from scratch that I didn't give the phone enough time to "settle down". I let the phone sit for a couple hours and came back to see that it's now going into deep sleep with the WiFi still on. I'll make sure to post in the right section next time. Thanks for the reply!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones