• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will you be getting Asurion Insurance w/ your Incredible?

Insurance for you Incredible?

• Yes, with Verizon/Asurion.

Votes: 342 65.0%
  • Yes, with SquareTrade

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Yes, with other 3rd-party insurance

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • No insurance at all.

Votes: 154 29.3%

• Total voters
Yup, I already ordered the $7.99 package for Asurion and the ext. HW warranty.

Did you get this straight from Verizon?

By the way, great thread. I've never got insurance on any of my other phones, but am really thinking about getting it for the Incredible.

I got more information from State Farm today. At one time they did insure cell phones but no longer insure cellphones or ipods in the state of NY. Apparently too many people were abusing it. For those that did get insurance through State Farm in other states, consider yourself lucky. I can't imagine it'll be around forever with all the insurance fraud out there.

There are two options for insurance for the Incredible. I usually do not buy insurance with my phones, however I am going to buy it with the INcredible. What are the differences between the Asurion for $6 and the upgraded insurance for $7.99? Thanks for any input!

There are two options for insurance for the Incredible. I usually do not buy insurance with my phones, however I am going to buy it with the INcredible. What are the differences between the Asurion for $6 and the upgraded insurance for $7.99? Thanks for any input!

I can't help specifically with this question, but you might want to check your homeowners policy (or renters policy) and see if you can add the phone - i did and it is much cheaper.

I bought a 2 year plan from SquareTrade for $120.00. Used them before with my iPhone. when the iPhone took a bath, I sent it to them, they sent me a check for $550.00

I just got to work and checked my notes.

Thru my homeowners policy .... 2 smartphones, $500 value each, $30 per year total ($15 each). No deductible. Now that's a sweet deal :)

The asurion covers if it's lost or stolen with an $89 deductable.

The additional $1.99 is the extended warranty in case the phone malfunctions after the 1 year factory warranty.

After the 1 year, just claim you lost it.

yup best buy FTW!!! if you don't want it, drop your phone in water go to best buy and get a new phone, not refurb brand spanking new. but there is a 3-5 day waiting period to see if your phone is repairable, but they will give you a doner to use until then. not bad consider no deductible

The asurion covers if it's lost or stolen with an $89 deductable.

The additional $1.99 is the extended warranty in case the phone malfunctions after the 1 year factory warranty.

After the 1 year, just claim you lost it.

This is correct, save $24 dollars a year and if in the 2nd year it has a manufacturer defect just say you lost it.

"oh that's fraud don't do that" Shut the **** up insurance companies are fraudulent scam artists.

This is correct, save $24 dollars a year and if in the 2nd year it has a manufacturer defect just say you lost it.

"oh that's fraud don't do that" Shut the **** up insurance companies are fraudulent scam artists.

Actually...we both fail at math.

There is an $89 deducatable, so $24 would be saving yourself some money.

yup best buy FTW!!! if you don't want it, drop your phone in water go to best buy and get a new phone, not refurb brand spanking new. but there is a 3-5 day waiting period to see if your phone is repairable, but they will give you a doner to use until then. not bad consider no deductible

is this only if you pay the monthly fee for the insurance??

I thought there is a deductible for ANY claim, manufacturer defect or not? Maybe I read the fine print incorrectly.

Warranty covers it deductable free, but they have to determine it's a defect due to the hardware and not due to customer tampering or damage.

I am just spewing what I was told by VZW here...

The Incredible will automatically switch to the $7.99 insurance for "Advanced" phones. If you look at your bill now it will say $5.99 but next month it will be $7.99.

Best Buy told me that their insurance does not cover loss or water damage and that is why I went with Verizon's insurance.

I'm careful with phones. The only thing I'm worried about is a defect in the device. Would the mfr warranty be enough if that were to happen or would I have to get the insurance to cover that also? I figure the warranty is 1 yr, which is the time frame when defects would happen.

This phone is pretty awesome.

After handling my Incredible for a few days, I think I might take the plunge and buy insurance. Just wanted to see what you guys thought about ...

1. Whether it's worth it? I'm generally careful, but accidents do happen.
2. Whether I should go with Asurian ($6/month), Verizon's full coverage plan ($8/month) or a plan through SquareTrade ($144 for 2 years w/only $50 deductible)?

Thanks!:)

I went with verizons full coverage plan. They said the asurian insurance is only available for the first 12 months of the device. The full coverage is available for 24 months. Its only $2 more so i figured why not. Its the first device i've spent the money on to protect, but as much as i carry it around with me i figured i might as well insure it to be 100% sure i won't be without one for an extended period of time.

I bought my phone at Best Buy and noticed on my online credit card statement next to the purchase it says if you pay your monthly bill online with a Citi credit card, you get free insurance on your phone.

Back
Top Bottom