• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [WIP][DEV] Custom Recovery/Bootloader unlocking Work In Progress Thread

plasticarmyman

Android Expert
i just tried the optimus 4x CWM installer 1.0 and it worked...i have CWM on my phone...it's not the right resolution or anything...but it works...we need someone to fix the app so it installs the correct recovery....

i am attaching all the files that i have

i got caught in a bootloop of the boot animation and i am going to try everything to get past it...

but 1.0 has been tested, i'm going to try 1.1 next and then 1.2 after that...

DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU'RE COMFORTABLE WITH POSSIBLY BREAKING YOUR PHONE

how the crap do you tag people on here?....

but sammyz, shabby, mrpnut, and anyone else who is helping out with this...please please help with this...it got past the bootloader and booted into CWM...it was the wrong resolution...but the volume buttons worked to navigate and i rebooted to system

all credit for the apps goes to Dexter_nlb over at xda

Attachments

its useing 2ndinit

well there are 2ndinit roms out there....could we make one for our phone?....flash it over a custom recovery that is made in this app...and therefore bypassing the bootloader?...

because i did boot into CWM....i saw it on my phone...so if we got a ROM that bypasses the bootloader...and we port over a valid recovery onto this apk...and boot into recovery after installing it via this app...and then flash the rom....

will that work?

This its exciting! If I got ahold of a phone for you playful do you think you could work something out?

well there are 2ndinit roms out there....could we make one for our phone?....flash it over a custom recovery that is made in this app...and therefore bypassing the bootloader?...

because i did boot into CWM....i saw it on my phone...so if we got a ROM that bypasses the bootloader...and we port over a valid recovery onto this apk...and boot into recovery after installing it via this app...and then flash the rom....

will that work?
yea its possible, I would just have to learn how all that works lol

This its exciting! If I got ahold of a phone for you playful do you think you could work something out?
would definitely help, but you all to keep in mind I have other projects too I am trying to get done, so I cant give any timelines on anything. ;)

yea its possible, I would just have to learn how all that works lol

would definitely help, but you all to keep in mind I have other projects too I am trying to get done, so I cant give any timelines on anything. ;)

okay..we'll figure out how to get you a phone and some monies for your time...

okay..we'll figure out how to get you a phone and some monies for your time...

I got it taken care of (phone). If y'all could donate I'm sure he would put it to good use.

Edit: this didn't mean we should stop doing our own work. We're slowly chipping away at it!

on mine it just resets the phone and im soft bricked.
what if we pm the person who made the apk and see if he can incorporate our recovery and files and make the apk for us? that would be our best bet.

on mine it just resets the phone and im soft bricked.
what if we pm the person who made the apk and see if he can incorporate our recovery and files and make the apk for us? that would be our best bet.

I've read through the original post a few times actually, and there are specific steps to getting the apk to work. Also, asking the creator might not be a bad idea. It seems like it may be simple to incorporate. He posted at the top the website that where he was able to create the CWM Recovery. and hence I'm sure each recovery is different. I believe screen resolution is a big factor.

On an earlier thread a few were trying to install a created recovery with a different method, maybe we could try that recovery with this method.

I've read through the original post a few times actually, and there are specific steps to getting the apk to work. Also, asking the creator might not be a bad idea. It seems like it may be simple to incorporate. He posted at the top the website that where he was able to create the CWM Recovery. and hence I'm sure each recovery is different. I believe screen resolution is a big factor.

On an earlier thread a few were trying to install a created recovery with a different method, maybe we could try that recovery with this method.
well from what I can tell, its mainly the cwm ramdisk, no kernel (given in this case). I assume root is needed so it can install or write to a init to run the 2int which in turns loads the cwm ramdisk in place of the stock recovery. In which case the only really vital file would be the recovery.fstab.

actually, was just talking with Shabby, cwm boot before. Does using this let you boot back to the OS ok??

All this French you guys speak had me lost but I thank all of you for your time and effort. Trying to get this to work has seemed like a pain in the a$$. But it all seems so close put up a link for donations and I'll send you some cash for your time. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom