Total noob here when it comes to stuff like this but do I need to be rooted? If so how can I find out how to do this? I have flashed a few windows mobile phones to other carriers so I I can follow instructions but need a bit of help.
Rooting is successful I dont know what ABD shell is though.. i'm at that step
you shouldn't need to adb shell if you have recovery 3.0 rename the kernal to zImage put it on ur sdcard in the folder marked sdx/update.if the update folder is not there just create one.then put the apk on your sd card root into recovery run the updateflash using the flash options in the menu for kernel
, reboot use astro or root explorer find the apk install and your done.
Could you clarify this post? I'm confused a little by this post because its kind of jumbled.
This is what I gather so far (Not sure if its right):
- Download and rename the kernel to zImage
- Put it on my sdcard in the folder marked sdx/update
- Put the apk for the tether app on the root of my sdcard
- Boot into recovery and run the update flash using the flash options in the menu for kernel.
- Use astro to find the wireless tether apk and install it
Am I correct?
Hi all, I am trying to learn this stuff. Just not real quick at it. i know you get tired of explaining, but can you go 1 more time please?
I am running recovery 2.1 I do not have a file called updates, now what? and I downloaded the file but where do I get the apk file?
Thanks in advance