• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wireless tether working 2.1

I put the file into the sdx file on my sd card, my sd card does not have an update catagory. I then installed the apk file with astro but it says the kernal does not have all necessary features for running this application. any idea there?

ok you need to update to recovery 3.0

I am a COMPLETE NOOB to rooting and all this stuff. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Your patience and explanations are extremely helpful. This works great! After you've rooted remember to mount the sdcard before flashing. I forgot to do this at first and the tether didn't work. Good luck and thank you everyone who helps out here!

recovery 3.1 and rooted with v.7 with official sprint 2.1, with joeyconway custom kernel, failed setting up firewall rules.

I read that this Kernal might increase battery life, but if I install it will I lose the zimage.vampire Kernal that I already installed causing me to lose the ability for wifi tethering?

[Kernel - DE03] joeykrim-SDX - v2.0.3!!! - May 25th 2010 ?

yes and no. yes, you will lose netfilters because they're compiled with the kernel (joey's doesn't have netfilters); BUT, they also have barnacle wireless tethering working (vampireo has a link), which works the same as the wireless tethering without using netfilters, which should allow you to use joey's kernel.

edit to add link: http://forum.sdx-developers.com/tester-board/barnacle-working-with-my-setup-need-testers/

yes and no. yes, you will lose netfilters because they're compiled with the kernel (joey's doesn't have netfilters); BUT, they also have barnacle wireless tethering working (vampireo has a link), which works the same as the wireless tethering without using netfilters, which should allow you to use joey's kernel.

edit to add link: Barnacle working with my setup, need testers.

Downloading and am going to try now! (hope I dont mess anything up ;) because I need this for this weekend's long road trip

828162048.png
Yup, I just like to understand what i'm doing it when I am doing it! Hey so Barnacle works great! just finished

OK THANK YOU ALL!!! and Especially HTCMAN!!!! I am on the Samsung Moment running JoeyKrim v7 root, recovery 3.0, and DD10 2.1 with ADW launcher. I just finished flashing the kernel as described above and i installed the tether app. As it loaded I held my breath but then i hit start. I was instantly connected with my mac and went to speedtest.net. here are my results:

I CAN"T BELIEVE IT!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!! Thank you again to ALL!!!

I got this working on mine, it's included on Caulkin's newest rom over at SDX, took literally 5 minutes to download, put on card, and update. Required zero effort on my part, so if you are looking for an easy solution go check out his rom.

need some help getting barnacle to run, I put the rtecdc.bin on my memory card,
I did this
open ternimal
su
remount rw
I get remounting /system (/dev/st15) in read/write mode
then I type this
cp /system/etc/rtecdc.bin /system/etc/rtecdc.org
and I get CP: cant stat '/system/etc/rtecdc.bin' no such file or directory

running 2.1 DE03 from sdx with joeys kerner 2.0.3 rooted

yes I renamed the file to .bin when I moved it to the sdcard

okay I figured out part of the problem, i was typing commands for the part if I have the Leshak wireless tethering app, so i just continued where I would have left off since the first 2 command lines are the same, i typed
cp /sdcard/rtecdc.bin /system/etc/rtecdc.bin and

chmod 755 /system/etc/rtecdc.bin

then I installed barnacle but it would not connect, I just kept getting an exclamation mark on my wifi signal bar, any suggestions from here?

OK THANK YOU ALL!!! and Especially HTCMAN!!!! I am on the Samsung Moment running JoeyKrim v7 root, recovery 3.0, and DD10 2.1 with ADW launcher. I just finished flashing the kernel as described above and i installed the tether app. As it loaded I held my breath but then i hit start. I was instantly connected with my mac and went to speedtest.net. here are my results:

I CAN"T BELIEVE IT!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!! Thank you again to ALL!!!

fairly nice speeds glad you got it working.

Back
Top Bottom