• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

x10 red flashing led (tried everything)

Hi everyone

Last week my x10 stopped working.. When I wanted to turn it back on, the led blinked red, 3 times.. My first taught was that my battery was broken, so I used a working battery from a friend of mine who has the same phone, but that didn't work either..
I tried charging my battery for a whole night (at first the led is green, but after a few minutes it's black again).
I also tried recovering the phone with pcc, but I can't get my phone connected with the computer..
I tried flashing it with flashtool by following the guide on this forum (http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/527356-complete-solution-guide-unbricking-x10.html) that didn't work too.. probably because I can't connect my phone and can't get him in flash mode..
I tried s1tool, didn't work..
I haven't done anything with my phone before it broke (installing other firmware, rooting, ...)

I hope someone can help me, I'm starting to lose my hope.. :dong:

Try and do this.

This should be the most recent flashtool that works for 2.3.

If for some reason it doesn't work....how far do you get?

Why can't you get the phone connected to your computer? You are running Windows and you have tried using different USB ports on your computer? And have you tried different USB cables? If possible, use the Sony Xperia cable that came with the phone.

Upvote 0
Try and do this.

This should be the most recent flashtool that works for 2.3.

If for some reason it doesn't work....how far do you get?

Try what?

Why can't you get the phone connected to your computer?
He does not recognize it.. I hear the regular sound that I connect something to the computer, but the flashtool and pcc doesn't recognize it.

You are running Windows and you have tried using different USB ports on your computer?

Yes, Windows, and I tried it on 3 computers and tried all the USB ports..

And have you tried different USB cables? If possible, use the Sony Xperia cable that came with the phone.

I tried my original cable and the cable from my friend who has the same phone..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones