• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

zenexp

IIRC I heard that 90-100 is not so great... anything under 89 is good.

I'm ALWAYS above 90. Guess that explains why my battery life is crapola.
1143_neener_neener_neener.gif

Using OC Widget:
I have mine at:
screen on
480 min
691 max
screen off
160 min
480 max
can answer calls just fine.

Have not made any changes, but had the same issue today. Phone rings, black screen, cannot answer call.

I'm going to try Screen On max of 691 instead of 710 and see if that clears it up. If not I will raise up the Screen Off value from 246 to the next one up. I think 480 is going to be to much in terms of battery use.

One is the HTC stock 2.6.29 Kernal and the other is a Kernal that Toast created that can be overclocked (scaled) The stock HTC one cannot.

I believe after reading over on XDA, someone requested the ability to run the ROM, but not overclock.

Hmmmm ... just noticed a force close when I try to access my network settings. Checked it on my wife's phone and had the same result.

Anyone else getting a force close when you go to SETTINGS->WIRELESS & NETWORK->MOBILE NETWORKS ????

I'm searching the threads on the xda-dev thread now for an answer.

Hmmmm ... just noticed a force close when I try to access my network settings. Checked it on my wife's phone and had the same result.

Anyone else getting a force close when you go to SETTINGS->WIRELESS & NETWORK->MOBILE NETWORKS ????

I'm searching the threads on the xda-dev thread now for an answer.
Hadn't tried that until you brought it up....you broke my phone, damn you! :D Yep, I am getting FC too, then mobile network disconnects and reconnects.

Also, I found a post where someone said if you sync e-mail only for automatic sync Gmail sync will work. Then you can just manually sync contacts or e-mail as needed.

I only use my calendar from my phone, and my contacts syncing is not a big deal.

I've done a couple of test e-mails and looks like they came through ok. I'd rather use the Gmail app than the stock email app.

I'll report more tomorrow to see if this workaround works permanently, or if it was just a fluke. I'm guessing fluke, because others would have already posted more about it.

What did everyone configure on Zen Updater for the Theme server?

In ZenUpdater open the settings by hitting menu, click the Manage theme servers then click menu, then "Update Featured Theme Servers" it will find the default one. The themes will show up after that.

Is there any way to have just the stock vm that was in the sprint roms? I really don't visual vm and dont need a text everytime I get a vm

btw: great rom

Is there any way to have just the stock vm that was in the sprint roms? I really don't visual vm and dont need a text everytime I get a vm

btw: great rom

The VVM fix is that stock Sprint VM, but since the rom was not originally a CDMA rom when the phone tries to connect for the VM it cannot, so it tells Sprint that you don't have VVM and then sends you the texts. It's an unfortunate by-product of this awesome rom.

still no fix on the gmail app eh?..

i wanna flash this rom cuz i love speed but gmail is a must for me..vm is okay with the errors it has but can't live without my gmail :(

One is the HTC stock 2.6.29 Kernal and the other is a Kernal that Toast created that can be overclocked (scaled) The stock HTC one cannot.

I believe after reading over on XDA, someone requested the ability to run the ROM, but not overclock.

Thanks!!! I installed the Toast #65 OC kernal and MY GOD did this make the phone FAST!! I un-installed (nadRestore) it and then reinstalled it to just check to see how fast/slow it was and damn there is a big difference!

this is a must have! (now I will just see how much battery it eats)

Thanks!!! I installed the Toast #65 OC kernal and MY GOD did this make the phone FAST!! I un-installed (nadRestore) it and then reinstalled it to just check to see how fast/slow it was and damn there is a big difference!

this is a must have! (now I will just see how much battery it eats)

You can set the low end to be very low (I have mine set to 595/160 screen on, with 245/160 screen off) and use ON-DEMAND with SetCPU to get speed when you need it and ramp the phone CPU down when you don't. My battery life has been great and the speed is unreal. It feels much faster at 595mhz than Fresh Toast did at 691mhz, running the same high-end apps and games (like Sniper vs Sniper), at least in my regular use.

still no fix on the gmail app eh?..

i wanna flash this rom cuz i love speed but gmail is a must for me..vm is okay with the errors it has but can't live without my gmail :(

Gmail will sync, but it's manual. You don't have to live without your gmail :)

Gmail will sync, but it's manual. You don't have to live without your gmail :)
so gmail app works, just doesn't push?? and what's the space on this rom?? i'm tired of flashing roms and have like 20MB left over..is this good on space??

Depending if you get the odexed or deodexed version. IIRC, I had about 70 MB free with the odexed version, and about 40 MB free with the deodexed version. 0.9..6OC is de-odexed, and 0.9.6.2 (or.3) are odexed.

Depending if you get the odexed or deodexed version. IIRC, I had about 70 MB free with the odexed version, and about 40 MB free with the deodexed version. 0.9..6OC is de-odexed, and 0.9.6.2 (or.3) are odexed.

thx for the reply! what's the difference in between the two besides the space tho??

deodexed and odexed???? wtf?? lol

haven't been on the forums in awhile

thx for the reply! what's the difference in between the two besides the space tho??

deodexed and odexed???? wtf?? lol

haven't been on the forums in awhile

LOL!! I agree! We are not developers, but end users. I doubt there is any real difference as far as we are concerned. Maybe only as far as which mods we can use...lock screens, themes, etc. might be different for each.

I read that one way gives a faster boot, and the other way takes up more space. I am using the deodexed version, only because that is the ROM I have and the space hasn't been a problem for me. This is internal phone space we are talking about, not space on the SD card. And, to confuse the issue even more, there are different areas of internal soace. WAY too confusing...

LOL!! I agree! We are not developers, but end users. I doubt there is any real difference as far as we are concerned. Maybe only as far as which mods we can use...lock screens, themes, etc. might be different for each.

I read that one way gives a faster boot, and the other way takes up more space. I am using the deodexed version, only because that is the ROM I have and the space hasn't been a problem for me. This is internal phone space we are talking about, not space on the SD card. And, to confuse the issue even more, there are different areas of internal soace. WAY too confusing...

well which one will give me more space for my internal memory?!?! lol :D

and i'm tired of using oc and setcpu..i feel like i can cook some eggs on my phone if i leave the egg on it long enough...

does this rom need the oc or setcpu? i read that it's already fast and **no phone lag**

and i'm tired of using oc and setcpu..i feel like i can cook some eggs on my phone if i leave the egg on it long enough...

does this rom need the oc or setcpu? i read that it's already fast and **no phone lag**

Yeah, it's fast without needing to overclock.

I actually have mine underclocked at 518/245 and it works beautifully.

I really do love this ROM, enough to work around not having Gmail.

My wife is using the stock kernel version and hers is smoking fast as well.

Back
Top Bottom