• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Warp Elite: No "Recovery Mode" option...

sebrof7

Lurker
ZTE Warp Elite
N9518
Boost Mobile

I am trying to find a workaround to root this model. No software seems to work at the moment. As the post says, when booting into fastboot, there is no option to select "Recovery Mode" or "Recovery"...

My options are:

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
reboot to bootloader
power down
view recovery logs
apply update from sdcard
apply update from cache

What am I missing?

have the same thing going on with my zte maven z812, cant boot into bootloader even from "reboot to bootloader" it just boot up normally

ZTE started that crap with the Sync and Zmax. Need Root to access those modes Cuz we've been using those modes to achieve Root, Lol.

ZTE Warp Elite
N9518
Boost Mobile

I am trying to find a workaround to root this model. No software seems to work at the moment. As the post says, when booting into fastboot, there is no option to select "Recovery Mode" or "Recovery"...

My options are:

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
reboot to bootloader
power down
view recovery logs
apply update from sdcard
apply update from cache

What am I missing?
What I think, and I may be wrong, is that you don't see "recovery" because you are in it. Just a guess.

You won't. I was asking about recovery mode.. Need Root for Fastboot & Bootloader modes, FYI. A new lockdown system, requested by Boost Mobile Cuz (I'm assuming) they think barring Root will eliminate 90% of returns. Honestly, our Root community also held unbrick devices as well

Hey, I think that I might have found that recovery mode (yes I'm using a ZTE Warp Elite N9518)that you're looking for...
I'm not sure if it'll be of much help if you've already found it but how to get to is is by:
1. Hold power button and volume down keys until phone shuts off (it will take a screenshot first but ignore that)
2. Keep holding until ZTE logo appears, at that point release the power button but keep holding volume down button until the menu that can be somewhat seen in my super shitty picture appears

Attachments

• sys recov.png
    sys recov.png
    357.8 KB · Views: 503
Back
Top Bottom