• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firmware problem on GALAXY SM-A105G

I'd start by asking him what he actually did, because no amount of game downloading will do that so if he says that's all he did he is lying. Of course he might have just done something stupid like accepted a system update then turned the phone off while it was part way through installing, but knowing what he did will help with identifying a solution.

You could try booting into recovery mode and wiping the system cache. At the least it will do no harm.

The ultimate is to download the latest official software for your model (full model and variant numbers) from Sammobile.com to a computer and reflash the phone completely. As I'm not a Samsung expert I'm not really the person to talk you through that, but that should solve pretty much any firmware problem (whether it will wipe your data I don't know: on most manufacturers' devices a stock firmware flash does reset the phone).

Android phone related issue

like i said as other have said having your imei stolen, copied , or used will not allow access to your entire phone. it can only be used to clone to another phone and steal your data consumption (not to be confused with your actual personal data.....this cannot happen with just imei), it can also be used to locate the phone, but that's it.

nothing else can be done to your phone with just the imei number.
I'm pretty certain that you'd need to clone the SIM to use someone else's data allowance (and that would cause other problems, e.g. who would calls be connected to?). The reason for cloning the IMEI would be because your real one is blacklisted. Of course once detected this would result in the cloned IMEI being blacklisted too, which is why you don't want your IMEI cloned.

Note that I'm talking about GSM networks here (the vast majority worldwide). Cloning a CDMA phone would I believe let you use its allowances, but we don't have those in most countries so I'm not so familiar.

Help please help!!!

First of all thank you @ocnbrze & @svim for the reply and support
the Firmware I downloaded was successfully flashed and my device is now working fine
In case if anyone want to flash their J730GM device you must use Odin 3.13.3 & download the latest firmware from here
https://samfrew.com/download/Galaxy__J7__Pro__/ceig/INS/J730GMDXU6CSF7/J730GMODD6CSEI/
you will get 2 of CSC fils so there is a better option for anyone who dont want to loose their data even after flashing the device they must use CSC_HOME otherwise use only CSC to totally factory format and flash.
flash it, It will work like charm

Activate Google Assistant when screen is off?

https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/7394306?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Android

from the article:
Important: On phones running Android 8.0 and up, you can’t unlock your phone by saying "Ok Google." Instead, you can use the Google Assistant on your lock screen.
  1. On your Android phone or tablet running Android 5.0 and up, touch and hold the Home button or say "Ok Google."
  2. In the bottom right, tap
    o2_GPPwSa-poKAp-ds9nKWcfgyhJD337kyaSvgwM_j8K0mzpOaJ_Fcru5idPETP2IeA=w18-h18
  3. In the top right, tap your profile picture or initial
    nHFGZ_9xjCh-mP83zMzXQVJF5VYf2n6kwoBIxB2zv3V4VPT4gNTtBye8lYznogLqLPY=h18
    Settings
    nHFGZ_9xjCh-mP83zMzXQVJF5VYf2n6kwoBIxB2zv3V4VPT4gNTtBye8lYznogLqLPY=h18
    Assistant.
  4. Under "Assistant devices," select your phone or tablet.
  5. Make sure Google Assistant and Access with Voice Match are turned on.
  6. Turn on Unlock with Voice Match.

Help Ping6 tests fail on android 9

There is an application that performs ping6 tests to ipv6 locations. This was working fine in android 8 phones. After upgrade to android 9, these tests fail.

name: ping6 signal 31 (SIGSYS), code 1 (SYS_SECCOMP), fault addr ———-
Cause: seccomp prevented call to disallowed arm64 system call 146
you might want to contact the developer of the app. sometimes developers can't keep up with updates and when your phone updates and the app does not, you can have issues with the app.

Help - Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-910T) Can hear calls only on Wifi

ok so this could be either software or hardware. being your phone is pretty old i would assume it is hardware. but to be safe you might want to try a factory reset and see if the issues persist. if it does after the factory reset then it is most likely a hardware issue and you can either have it looked at and see if it can be fixed, or just upgrade your phone to something newer.

Any contractors with Wear OS experience looking in London?

Not sure if this is the right place to post - please let me know if not and I'll remove! :)

To introduce myself, I work with a start-up incubator owned by BCG. We've received investment from a pharma company to build a new start-up in the digital health space and currently building an MVP for this.

We're looking for an Android Dev to join us on a contract basis in our Soho office to help do this - any experience with Wear OS or Google Fit would be amazing :)

https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/2817...oogle-fit-wear-os-bcg-digital-ventures-london

OnePlus6T texts show blank download bubble

The reason I asked is because Google are in the process of upgrading their Android Messages app to offer RCS. See...

RCS is being released by Google across the board

This has been initially launched in the U.K. and France, I have it already, and will be gradually rolled out, worldwide, over the next year. Some U.S. carriers that have their own faux RCS services are attempting to adapt them to be compatible to Google's Universal Profile for RCS. You, "may" be experiencing issues because of this.

Help Question about shortcut Wifi Icon

Since we couldn't figure it out, I thought I'd give LG a chance. As I expected, they had no idea. They started with the no internet connection, but when I told them that I checked and the wifi icon in the Notification bar didn't have it. They got desperate. They wanted me to reset my network connections to try to remove it. I told them that was pointless because the exclamation point wasn't there now. So I told them to forget it. I didn't want to cause a commotion. Within 5 seconds they thanked me and said have a nice day. They didn't even offer to keep trying. Lol I guess I get a perverse pleasure making support personnel squirm. bitmoji-20190715013842.png

Problem in google play services in samsung galaxy grand 2 duos

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_grand_2-5862.php
That's a pretty dated model, is it running Jelly Bean or KitKat?
A while back I was working on someone's Jelly Bean tablet and they were having a similar problem. Try doing what @ocnbrze suggested, use the 'Clear data' button in your Settings >> More >> Application manager menu for the Google Play Store app entry and see if that helps.
If not, try using 'Clear cache' for both the Google Play services app and the Google Play Store app, and for the Google Play Store app tap on the 'Uninstall updates' button. Reboot and if the Play Store doesn't try to automatically update itself, start up the Play Store app, tap on the three horizontal lines icon (a.k.a hamburger menu) in the upper left to get to 'My apps & games' and manually prompt the Play Store app to update itself.
Hopefully at that point it'll be functional again, but do note that a lot of apps running on such a dated device simply won't be updated to current versions so app updates will still occur but not that often.

Help with Google Spreadsheet API

Hello,

I am in a group that has been assigned to build an android app for our senior project. None of us have any skills in Java or app development. We started last month and our mentor has a very fast deadline so we have been "learning" as we go and basically using online tutorials to create it - we don't have much time to sit and try to understand the code until later which is not ideal but is what it is.

I am tasked with pulling data that has already been sent to a google spreadsheet, and turning it into graphs/charts for the user to see. I am having trouble trying to bring the data back - I followed along a few tutorials, but if I try to change the script at all, it breaks down and I am not knowledgable enough to fix it. Tutorials are either old and no longer supported, have the data input in the same part (we have already accomplished this on a different page in the app), or have additional stuff we don't need (like the Google Spreadsheet tutorial - it wants the user to log into their google email to see the data).

Does anyone know of any simple tutorials that just purely pull the data back? It seems like each one I try either doesn't work or is way more complex than we need. Preferably I would like to learn java from the ground up without the rush, but unfortunately that isn't possible at this time.

Filter

Back
Top Bottom