• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How soon will Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL) be available in UK?

Hi,

Q: Has anyone heard how soon the Asus Zenfone 6 will be available to order for the UK?

More info:
I tried to contact Asus using the e-mail on their support page to ask when this smartphone would be back in stock, but sending them a message returned the following error:

"kundenserver.de rejected your message to the following email addresses:
cs(at)asusstore(dot)co(dot)uk"

In the detailed error report further down it reads, ".. allocated storage;Quota exceeded...".

I can send a letter or phone them but I thought it'd be a better idea to ask the lovely AndroidForums community. :)

I've really enjoyed using this MS Lumia 950 XL, but Microsoft has discontinued support for this device. I love everything about the Zenfone 6 and the Flip Camera is a great gimmick but also very practical. I'm excited to try it out!

If you have anything to share pertaining to my question, I would appreciate it a lot!

Thanks!

Karateka

Endless Background Service

Hello everyone, I 'm working on a project and I'm supposed to make an app where it has a background service which lasts even the app is closed/killed ! , I've made everything and when I stop the service itself it starts again, but my problem is when I kill the app the service also dies [this's what I want you to help me with] !!

I've tried a looooot of solutions but nothing works
sad.png
sad.png
here's a sample project that I've tried, but it failed.

https://github.com/Jamal-Alkelani/FEService

Pleaseeeeeeeee anyone can help
sad.png

-->All I need if the user close/kill the app I don't want the SERVICE to be killed !!!

Thanks in Advance ♥ ♥

i have the same problem and i use onTaskRemoved too, it didn't called when i swipe to remove on recent. can you help me to solve this

A problem with obb file resigning at Google Play (I guess)

Okay, guys, I am really stuck with this problem for about a month now! Maybe someone had something similar or can give me some advice – any help would be greatly appreciated!

in June I've made a minor update to my app and from then nothing works like it should. It had a lot of bugs, sometimes the game didn't even started. The bugs are different but the main thing is like some resources are missing (pictures, music etc.). The bugs are different every time. In fact, I can make 2 builds one after another and they will have different bugs. Important note: I changed literllay NOTHING from my previous configuration that I have built my last successful update.

All my builds are working perfectly without Google Play! I do a build, then install it on the phone and do not have any problems. The problems start when uploading it to Google Play and then downloading it to the device. First, when this happened, all my users had the same bug, so I had to hide my app, and now it's not available to the public. All the following builds had this problem too, so downgrading didn't help either. It's like something changed in Google Play in June!

My game is made using Unity3D, though I've just uploaded a new build on a whole different engine (with the same keystore etc.) and it doesn't work either! My game uses an obb file, so I guess Google does something on its side and then my game doesn't work. When I just replaced an obb file downloaded from Google Play with the one from my PC (it's the same file, I've just uploaded to Google Play!) everything works!

I repeat myself: I've tried EVERYTHING! All the possible build settings, even different engines!

If I just install the game on the phone without Google Play, it works perfectly everytime! Then again, when I upload it to Google Play and then download it, it doesn't work properly or works at all!

More info here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/my-app-when-downloaded-from-google-play-doesnt-work.700853/

Grey screen with exclamation point in place of my pictures

I've noticed that with corrupted sdcards, usually..
  • Do your pictures get saved straight to the card or just internal storage.. i.e. -> How is your camera data managed?
If this is an internal storage issue, this may possibly be results of a corrupted OTA installation.. you could possibly reinstall the actual Factory Firmware (FW) from sammobile.com with ODIN.exe
Whatever you do, make sure it is the correct firmware (or newer) for your specific device model and current security patch level (info found in Settings-AboutPhone) or you could actually render said expensive device useless due to certain partition software conflicts.

False/Misleading ads becoming commonplace

There have always been TV ads for games here with small print in the corner to say that the photo-realistic graphics are "not actual game footage". So I'd never assume that they were an accurate depiction.

The answer to Google/Facebook/the one I've never heard of "doing something" is "when people stop paying them". Given their attitude to genuine malfeasance I really doubt they'll care a damn about misleading adverts (especially since that's close to being an oxymoron).

I never see ads like this on my phone (I never see them at all on my computer), and I don't use an ad-blocker most of the time (the ones you can use without root clash with the network security in some places I visit). Probably down to the apps I use and sites I visit. I also take every measure available against tracking and have all as personalisation turned off (including in the Google settings) - I don't want to see ads at all, so where I do (small banners in apps that have no paid version - anything bigger is an immediate uninstall) I prefer them to be irrelevant as I'm going to ignore them anyway.

Google drive and game play

yeah no worries......you would think we would have something like that by now. i think stadia is going to be a game changer on how mobile games will be now. i'm hopiung that i will be able to play steam games on my mobile device......that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!

out of curiosity what phone do you have?

All i have it a cheap one its a Samsung Galaxy J3 obit one of the pre paid ones for like straight talk

Notifications missing

Hi all I need help with the notification settings on my samsung s10+. Exept for whatsapp, I'm not receiving any notifications at all. When I go to the App info of an app, the notification settings are set to allowed, in the lock screen settings notifications is turned on, do not disturb is turned off. Even in the notification settings, there is a list of recently send notifications but I haven't seen any of them. Somewhere there is probably a hidden setting where it says it shouldn't show notifications but I cannot find it. Can anyone please give some tips?

chromecast screen flickers/ no signal

i saw this on the chromecast help forum:
https://support.google.com/chromecast/thread/615226?msgid=622679

you can even post your question there.....and a chromecast team member will post some troubleshooting for you. you can even do a chat as well. google has some great teams that you can chat with for each of their devices. i have chat with them a few times for my chromebook that i own.
https://support.google.com/chromeca...si=chromcast_contact_flow&cfnti=9206733&cft=1

Filter

Back
Top Bottom