• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo 4G vs Epic 4G

Which phone would you choose?

• Epic 4G

Votes: 203 21.1%
  • Evo 4G

Votes: 758 78.9%

• Total voters

facekl

Jun 14, 2010
Which phone would you choose?
6926d1277698891-epic-4g-epic-4g-540x429.jpg

Sprint-HTC-EVO-4G_1.jpg

wow you all make threads so fast. need to take it easy on the new thread button

but evo. I dont need a qwerty slider, i prefer the slate, feels like it would last longer/more solid. All ive ever owned in the past has been sliders and they never hold up very long, too many moving parts and too much to go wrong, end up feeling flimsy and get that oreo effect

id be a harder decision for me between the regular glaxy s without the keyboard but Id stuill choose evo, these samsungs are so plastic-y, feel cheap, look cheap. I HATE the feeling of a cheap phone in your hand (blame the pre)

Reactions: Veratsey
Upvote 0
This actually really pleases me. EVO FTW for me personally, but my dad has a physical handicap and has a really dated phone, so that basically means he needs a physical keyboard and the Epic will be something he'd be able to use with far more ease than a virtual keyboard. Android is just awesome.

Upvote 0
Im going epic I have big gorilla hands so I need a KB plus you can still use swype on this. One thing about my moment is my KB doesn't feel cheap I have had zero hardware complaints with Samsung. Software on the other hand...

Any accounts its about time Sprint went to bat with some awesome phones! Now lets talk 10$ fee charge? Will you guys be pissed if there is no charge for this seeing some of the specs like the camera is not as good as the Evo or do you think we still pay cause its a 4g phone? Remember Sprints stance was we are not paying for 4g just the specs of the phone that will enable us to do more. Discuss, feelings?

Upvote 0
Now lets talk 10$ fee charge? Will you guys be pissed if there is no charge for this seeing some of the specs like the camera is not as good as the Evo or do you think we still pay cause its a 4g phone? Remember Sprints stance was we are not paying for 4g just the specs of the phone that will enable us to do more. Discuss, feelings?

I honestly think that the 10$ charge will be there. If not, pfft, oh well. Still both great awesome phones. Perhaps they're possibly funding their 4g rollout with the 10$ fee? I wouldn't feel too bad about that, on top of the unlimited data plan.

Either way, if they don't charge the 10$ fee, then they will probably have ALOT of Evo owners pissed. Not to mention, as far as I know, the Epic actually has better specs than the Evo in some respects. Although, we'll probably never get to know the actual awesomeness of the Evo thanks to HTC not wanting to code/purchase code.

Upvote 0
I'll stick with the EVO....but it is great for people to have this choice. And While I think the Moment was somewhat of a disaster, the hardware on that handset was excellent. I was quite impressed with how well the slider held up. As I said on another thread, Samsung is slow to update their phones. Anyway, cheers to another specced out android device!!!

Reactions: blakleatha69
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones