• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo 4G vs Epic 4G

Which phone would you choose?

• Epic 4G

Votes: 203 21.1%
  • Evo 4G

Votes: 758 78.9%

• Total voters
I was just now about to rip that thing off when I decided to check this thread again! Thanks guys :)

i personally hate screen protectors..

i used to think they were a must have. but once i realized what "glass" characteristics are.. and that the hero was gorilla glass...
and I hated the one little bubble in the corner.

i took it off... and wow..
so clear
so smooth
so clean
so responsive
so clear...(yeah i said that twice)

never had a screen protector for my EVO.

both my Hero and EVO screen is still .. so.....

ps.. i gave my hero to my 7yr old daughter... and still so...

i would not tell you to get rid of it...
but till you have sex without protection.. you just dont know how good it can really feel!!! :p

Reactions: CriticalCritic
Upvote 0
i personally hate screen protectors..

i used to think they were a must have. but once i realized what "glass" characteristics are.. and that the hero was gorilla glass...
and I hated the one little bubble in the corner.

i took it off... and wow..
so clear
so smooth
so clean
so responsive
so clear...(yeah i said that twice)

never had a screen protector for my EVO.

both my Hero and EVO screen is still .. so.....

ps.. i gave my hero to my 7yr old daughter... and still so...

i would not tell you to get rid of it...
but till you have sex without protection.. you just dont know how good it can really feel!!! :p

Honestly, my Hero screen got clearer with the Seidio s.p. in place!

Upvote 0
That is just strange to hear...

Add more clearity to glass.... with a plastic cover....
But ok...

I would liken it to the increased contrast achieved with amber lenses in sunglasses but more accurate color wise, contrast was better and the colors more vivid.

Not all covers will do this, some are absolutely horrible, but there are excellent ones out there.

Reactions: Sir Loin
Upvote 0
Like the title says, should I do it? I'm looking for a phone to run n64oid and future gameloft games. Plus of course to play order of chaos. So can anyone help me?

I can't tell you wether you should or should not , but I can tell you that I sold my EVO and bought an EPIC, and the only thing I liked about it over the EVO was the screen, I made more errors using the physical keyboard than I did using swype. I found out from using the EPIC that I missed sence also, not a big fan of the UI from samsung. Needless to say I sold the EPIC and got another EVO. Glad I did. Just my 2 cents hope it helps.

Steve

Upvote 0
i will never own another samsung device other than maybe their tv's. i had an instinct and it was a horrible phone. and updates to it are so slow. i love my evo, just love it. never had any issues with it. i might even keep it for another year when i'm due an upgrade. i am rooted and so when i get bored with my phone i just flash another rom and it is like a new phone all over again. cant wait to see what phones are out by then.

Reactions: onpointG35
Upvote 0
There's plenty of conflicting opinions on this one. First and foremost, neither of us are gamers. I can give you our experience. I have the Evo, the wife has an Epic. The Epic's screen is nicer, but that's it. In every other way, the Evo has proven superior. We have had all sorts of issues with the Epic. The Epic's been swapped out 3 times, the Evo never. The GPS has never worked well on the Epic. It works now, but is often slow to lock making it all but unusable as a navigation device. The current Epic has infrequent stall's and black screens that baffle me. Unfortunately, they never happen when in a repair center and Sprint refuses to swap again without evidence. Through all this, the Evo has been rock solid no matter what rom I throw at it. To put it simply, the Epic is frustrating and the Evo near effortless. We're due a upgrade in September, one that should be mine. Since she's having so much trouble, I suggested that my wife take the upgrade. Her response was that I should take the upgrade and she'll take my Evo! I'm not sure I'm good with that.

Upvote 0
My wife has an Epic and I have an Evo. I am amazed at the graphics but I have no intention of swapping. I feel the Evo is better. Certainly better built. The Epic reminds me of my old Pre.

The Epic out of the box might have been a legit contender with the EVO on launch, but HTC have done a much better job not only supporting, but improving the EVO and now its no competition.

If htc gets some amoled comparable screen technology, samsung might as well hang it up.

Upvote 0
3 EVO's in the family now, and another coming! Had the Moment from Samsung before, and brother-in-law had the Epic while we were on vacation together last month. Signals on EVO, performance and GPS killed Epic. He is trying to find a good deal on the Evo now :)

No comment on the Moment (well one, it sucked)

** Evo is not perfect, but nothing so dire it keeps me from enjoying or even wanting to upgrade :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones