• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replace HTC Lockscreen, an Incredible Find!

Not to hijack the thread but I just saw "GOTO" in another thread, has anyone used it and can compare to WidgetLocker?

I saw that, but did you see it keep saying "New Lock Screen Successful"? Otherwise, that video looks pretty nice. Wonder if you can change wallpaper like on WidgetLocker...the one he showed said GOTO on the screen

Upvote 0
Does this new lock screen appear when answering phone calls? Being able to use this to answer/reject phone calls is the most important feature for me.

one thing that i really enjoy about the app is that if someone does in fact call while the phone is locked, and you answer... after the call is ended it goes right back to the lock screen. i hated having to re-lock my phone after answering a call.

and @ Kevin, I am really looking forward to the next update!

Upvote 0
Question, what are the HTC widgets people are most interested in and why?
I know the Sense Clock is a big one (And many users are happy with Fancy Widget or Sense Analog Clock as replacements). But what others are popular?

Yeah - I do like the weather animations of the Sense clock widget when you startup. But I've downloaded Beautiful Widgets and they are pretty decent (depending on the launcher - ask me later).

I LOVE HTC's Agenda widget. It's very well designed, easy to read, and just nice to look at. I tried Smooth Calendar (too small) and am still trying Android Agenda Widget which isn't as aesthetically pleasing but has potential. I have not tried Executive Assistant yet - but plan to.

But then again - HTC's widget is really too large for a lock screen.

To answer the latest question - No, the standard Sense call screen appears when a call comes in. Probably no way around this as far as I know.

Upvote 0
does anyone else have a problem hitting the home button twice to get to the pop up home screen view? i have noticed that when i'm using widget locker, it takes a few hits on the home button before i get the pop up view. i know i am making contact, too, because i have the haptic feedback happen. it takes several hits before i get it to go to the pop up view. anyone else? pretty sure this is not a problem with the phone, as i use this fairly often and have had no problems before installing the app. thanks.

yeah, i have noticed this too, except i cannot get my 7 screen view to come up when i hit Home. i rarely used it anyways, so it really doesnt bother me much.

Upvote 0
one thing that i really enjoy about the app is that if someone does in fact call while the phone is locked, and you answer... after the call is ended it goes right back to the lock screen. i hated having to re-lock my phone after answering a call.

and @ Kevin, I am really looking forward to the next update!
For anyone else who was wondering the same thing, this app does NOT allow you to do this. During an incoming call the stock swipe up/down screen appears, which effectively renders this application useless for me. I'm looking for a lock screen app that will help prevent accidental call answers when removing the phone from my pocket.

Upvote 0
For anyone else who was wondering the same thing, this app does NOT allow you to do this. During an incoming call the stock swipe up/down screen appears, which effectively renders this application useless for me. I'm looking for a lock screen app that will help prevent accidental call answers when removing the phone from my pocket.

i think you guys are talking about two different things. you want incoming calls to have the unlock screen's swipe right to answer, which it does not. but rcrott1 was talking about how the phone reverts back to the lockscreen after you end a call, if it was at the lock screen or sleeping when the call came in. that it definitely does.

i would also really love to have incoming calls be the lockscreen version, like it was on the moto droid. you could swipe right to answer or swipe left to shut it up. i don't know if that is even within the realm of this app's functionality, or if that's maybe something a different app could address. maybe kevin can answer this one.

Reactions: rcrott1
Upvote 0
i think you guys are talking about two different things. you want incoming calls to have the unlock screen's swipe right to answer, which it does not. but rcrott1 was talking about how the phone reverts back to the lockscreen after you end a call, if it was at the lock screen or sleeping when the call came in. that it definitely does.

i would also really love to have incoming calls be the lockscreen version, like it was on the moto droid. you could swipe right to answer or swipe left to shut it up. i don't know if that is even within the realm of this app's functionality, or if that's maybe something a different app could address. maybe kevin can answer this one.

yes and yes. I think it is easily within the apps capability, as it is already done in the HTC Sense Swipe feature... hopefully Kevin can chime in on that option.! :)

Upvote 0
I know the Sense Clock is a big one (And many users are happy with Fancy Widget or Sense Analog Clock as replacements). But what others are popular?

I would like to get HTC Weather widget to work - I want a weather widget that will display in Celsius.

If anyone can point me to one other than the HTC Weather widget, I would be happy. (espec if free)

Upvote 0

Bookmarks widget is the one I miss, plus the calendar, messaging, and photo widgets.

Upvote 0
Not always. It depends if you re'eive the call from an awake or sleeping state.

If it's awake, you get Answer or Decline buttons instead of the swipe.

I would like to get HTC Weather widget to work - I want a weather widget that will display in Celsius.

If anyone can point me to one other than the HTC Weather widget, I would be happy. (espec if free)

Simple enough - simply tap the weather icon on the widget, which opens the HTC weather app. Hit menu, then settings. The last setting is Temperature Scale - tap it and change to Celsius. Done!

Upvote 0

I've gotten a few requests for this. At this time I'm busy enough with WidgetLocker but once things settle down I might look into it. It would be a separate app as I don't think there's much need for actual widgets on the call answer screen, but just some kind of drag/drop layout of call controls and information. There's some existing projects that change the answer screen (Ted's Phone Tools and myLock Phone Tools) but they are not very polished and don't have sliders anyway.

No promises on if I'll pursue this however. Android doesn't officially support replacing this screen (Or the lockscreen) so it'll require lots of time and experimenting to get it working reliably. But I am thinking about it at least :).

Upvote 0
noticed another thing, and would like someone to verify that it's not just me. when you slide to unlock, i believe normally the htc weather/clock widget would do it's little animation. with wl, it does not do the animation when you unlock. can someone else verify this? thanks!

You are correct. I really miss it! :(

I believe lockbot does the same thing, and it was discussed before in a different thread.

Also, I don't know if it was already mentioned, but when you unlock using the volume button it makes noise. It annoys me, but I suppose it's not really a big deal. :)

Upvote 0
Also, I don't know if it was already mentioned, but when you unlock using the volume button it makes noise. It annoys me, but I suppose it's not really a big deal. :)

that's because the volume rocker itself makes noise, all the time, every time you touch it (when the phone is not sleeping). it's just the beep it makes to let you know the loudness you're at and setting it to. can't be any way around that without disallowing the use of the volume controls on the lock screen, which is a HUGE feature, for me, anyhow. :)

Upvote 0
that's because the volume rocker itself makes noise, all the time, every time you touch it (when the phone is not sleeping). it's just the beep it makes to let you know the loudness you're at and setting it to. can't be any way around that without disallowing the use of the volume controls on the lock screen, which is a HUGE feature, for me, anyhow. :)

Ah, okay!

When I had lockbot and woke the phone from the volume rocker it didn't make noise. I think? Or am I just making that up? It's been a long time since I've used lockbot.

Anyway, I don't do it purposely since I prefer to use the optical trackpad. :)

Upvote 0
Ah, okay!

When I had lockbot and woke the phone from the volume rocker it didn't make noise. I think? Or am I just making that up? It's been a long time since I've used lockbot.

Anyway, I don't do it purposely since I prefer to use the optical trackpad. :)

heh. did you have lockbot on the inc? it's possible the volume rocker on other phones don't give you a sound effect...i don't even remember how it was on my moto droid. i think i've blocked that phone out entirely.

it's also possible that lockbot did not give you the functionality to actually use the volume controls at the lock screen, which might mean it allowed you to wake the phone via volume, but did not enable the volume rocker, so maybe that's why it didn't make noise? i'm just sort of pulling that out of my bum, though, no clue.

i am still trying to break myself of using the top button to wake the phone. especially since i often re-sleep the phone immediately by grabbing the phone at the volume rocker while i hit that top button. so that's fun.

Upvote 0
Using "Easy Wake Mode", pressing a volume button to wake the phone causes a volume "beep", (though it doesn't actually adjust the volume.) Is there any way to stop this?

I should be able to prevent this. I'll look into it.

Also I just got an Incredible off craigslist, should make it much easier for me to test Sense things and the trackpad issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones