• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM BETA] Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed)

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 60 42.0%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I got the notification for the 22D Froyo update. With the last update I applied the patch and it was gone. Any advice for the new update?

Unrelated, but I'll ask it here. Anyone notice a dip in battery life after applying the stopota.zip patch? I felt like my battery isn't as good on the charge anymore.

Hopefully, you have Root Explorer (and if you don't, I highly recommend it because it's so worth the couple of bucks). Here are the instructions to prevent to the FRG22D OTA update (which I was getting yesterday myself):

1. In Root Explorer, go to /system/
2. Tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on build.prop and scroll down to Open in Text Editor
3. Once the file is open as a text file, scroll down until you see the line that says: "ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG01B/45394:user/release-keys" and change it to read as follows:
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG22D/50454:user/release-keys
4. Tap the back key and say "Yes" when it asks you to save (it will automatically back up the original file for you)
5. Tap Mount R/O at the top
6. Reboot

You will no longer get the OTA update notifications, because Verizon will believe you already have it.

Upvote 0
Flashed early this morning. Battery level has been good, and the phone has been moving very well and fluently as I zip through my home screens, apps, and contacts. I was concerned that I was going to have to pull an early upgrade to the DROID2 since this FroYo update, but alas, this latest BB is keeping my DROID spirits alive!

Something that I have noticed right off the bat, is how much better my Wifi connectivity is. Places in my house that were previously dead zones, have all of the sudden come to life. And connecting to my home router has never been quicker. Is there something in this ROM that could be attributed to this? Whatever it is, DON'T CHANGE IT.

Birds are chirping, the sun is out, cats are sleeping with dogs.. And my DROID is very happy. As am I.

Upvote 0
Flashed early this morning. Battery level has been good, and the phone has been moving very well and fluently as I zip through my home screens, apps, and contacts. I was concerned that I was going to have to pull an early upgrade to the DROID2 since this FroYo update, but alas, this latest BB is keeping my DROID spirits alive!

Something that I have noticed right off the bat, is how much better my Wifi connectivity is. Places in my house that were previously dead zones, have all of the sudden come to life. And connecting to my home router has never been quicker. Is there something in this ROM that could be attributed to this? Whatever it is, DON'T CHANGE IT.

Birds are chirping, the sun is out, cats are sleeping with dogs.. And my DROID is very happy. As am I.

Hah!

Excellent!

I just adopted BB 0.4 last week and I am so far feeling much the same as you are. Zero bugs. Better everything.
I love good things with no trade-off.

It is my first ROM and I see no reason to change as of this time.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I had been running SS 4.7 prior to this and loved it. I love some of the things it could do like changing Verizon Wireless to whatever I wanted and then the change of the color schemes, and stuff. I was just going to flash FRG22D to try it out, but decided on BBv0.4 instead, and could not be happier. It is soo fast compared to SS. SS would lag quite a bit, but it did have some great features. Overall, I cannot wait BBv0.5 to see how great it is! Gotta remember to twitter Pete to tell him to keep up the good work!

Upvote 0
I had been running SS 4.7 prior to this and loved it. I love some of the things it could do like changing Verizon Wireless to whatever I wanted and then the change of the color schemes, and stuff. I was just going to flash FRG22D to try it out, but decided on BBv0.4 instead, and could not be happier. It is soo fast compared to SS. SS would lag quite a bit, but it did have some great features. Overall, I cannot wait BBv0.5 to see how great it is! Gotta remember to twitter Pete to tell him to keep up the good work!

my three most fascinating ROM were SS 4.7, BB 0.4 and UD 7...

I obviously went with BB for now and I am interested in 0.5 when it arrives.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
For those of you still waiting for BB 0.5, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm a realist at heart, so here goes:

The release of Birdman's custom ROM for the Droid X has all-but-assured the death of Bugless Beast for the Droid 1. If you'll recall, Pete released his first Froyo build shortly after Birdman did, and there was talk that they worked together on getting it ready to go. Therefore, it stands to reason that Pete's got all the tools at his disposal now to develop for the DX, which should certainly spell the end of his days developing for the "lowly" D1.

My advice?

Move on. BB 0.5 isn't coming.

Upvote 0
For those of you still waiting for BB 0.5, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm a realist at heart, so here goes:

The release of Birdman's custom ROM for the Droid X has all-but-assured the death of Bugless Beast for the Droid 1. If you'll recall, Pete released his first Froyo build shortly after Birdman did, and there was talk that they worked together on getting it ready to go. Therefore, it stands to reason that Pete's got all the tools at his disposal now to develop for the DX, which should certainly spell the end of his days developing for the "lowly" D1.

My advice?

if you would read pete's twitter, he has said that he was almost done with .5 but they released the new build. He has just started school and is working on .5 BB .5 is coming. If you dont believe me go look at his twitter.

Upvote 0
if you would read pete's twitter, he has said that he was almost done with .5 but they released the new build. He has just started school and is working on .5 BB .5 is coming. If you dont believe me go look at his twitter.

This.
I don't like the waiting as much as anyone else does, but the school year did just start again, and most college students are getting overloaded with work.

Upvote 0

My advice?

Hmmm... Funny how peeps jump to conclusions. HAHAHA! I laugh at YOU! XD

Upvote 0
And I've been laughing at you hopeless souls for two months now. BB IS dead. Pete's been posting on his Twitter and his testers have been posting on here for MONTHS now, and what have you seen? Yet every time it was "almost" done, there hasn't been so much as a screen shot.

You seem to have a tremendous emotional investment in this issue. From what I have heard and seen it is more likely that BB 0.5 will appear than it won't.
With the level of your apparent emotional buy-in to its non-appearance what will your response be then?

"Well it took long enough!"
or
"It may be here but it isn't very good..."

Pete could step in front of cement truck tomorrow and make your prediction true, but the likelihood is that what he has said and those close to him have said is true.... There will be a BB 0.5 along here before too long.

I will be interested to see your response at that time: Man up? Or be sheepishly absent...?

Cheers

Upvote 0
I do believe some people are beta testing .5 right now. The fact that it's in beta is a good sign. In my 20+ years of software development experience, once software is in beta there is a very good chance (90%+) that it will hit market. Hell, I've seen beta quality software deployed as an RC. It's all relative.

Pete is working on BB. People are beta testing .5. Those are the facts. Everything else is conjecture and opinion - and you know what they say about opinions ;).

Upvote 0
And I've been laughing at you hopeless souls for two months now. BB IS dead. Pete's been posting on his Twitter and his testers have been posting on here for MONTHS now, and what have you seen? Yet every time it was "almost" done, there hasn't been so much as a screen shot.

dbotw_sm.jpg

to much? ...

...Nah

Upvote 0

I'm one of the people who has tested multiple beta versions of BBv0.5 for Pete in the last couple of weeks, and the betas I've tested have been flawless -- incredibly fast and smooth and everything works. Not that it really matters, because your mind is obviously made up, as wrong as you might be -- but if a screen shot is what's deemed to be necessary here:

CAP201009041408.jpg

Upvote 0
What an absurd statement. You can say that it won't be out anytime soon (and you might be right), but it's just dumb to imply that it's not even being developed. Pete is a highly-regarded dev with integrity, and he has no reason to lie about working on BB. Tell me, what would Pete gain from lying about this? Have you ever thought that maybe devs have lives outside of ROM-making?

Btw, it sounds like you're the hopeless soul, we're the hopeful souls. o_O

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones