• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
this just in....I hate Verizon. Not for delaying the phone, as something can't be delayed that was never announced. I'm just upset at zero info. Just tell us what is going on and leave it as, "subject to change," but something official from VZW would be most appreciated.

God I hope AT&T or T-mobile or Bob's A+ cell service has great 4G coverage in 2 years.....I'm jumping ship as soon as ANYONE can compete.

Upvote 0
First off...I am getting the Nexus on VZ, if for no other reason than because I believe VZ doesn't want me to own this device on their network...that's my way of telling them I have the ability to wait out their game!

We all know VZ is playing games....they are watching this forum and others, they hear members day after day saying they have had enough...I'm going to buy the Razr or the Rezound because I can't wait any longer. I'm going to rent the Razr or Rezound and return it when the Nexus comes out.

Those kind of comments are exactly what they want to hear because they wantNexus owners to bail on this device and buy the phone they want you to buy...they are manipulating those customers and the more they see this happening the longer they will play this game.

Why you ask...

They want to sell Razr's and Rezound's and for those who believe they can go buy one of those two phones or any phone and return it for the Nexus when they release it will be very disappointed. The holiday exchange policy is just that an exchange policy for gift giving on phones that have not been activated or activated and returned within 14 days period!

You see Vz wins either way the longer they play the game and customers and members of these forums act the way Vz wants them to. If you want them to release the Nexus next week then don't react to their game and wait patiently for the device we all want them to release. If they don't see an advantage to their tactics then they will move forward with the release of the Nexus!

I'm done with my rant....I'm waiting Verizon, you will not control my actions with your game...I will own a Nexus device on your network by the end of the year!

Upvote 0
i agree with many of you, that first image of the guy at the laptop and that whole 12/8 thing didnt seem totally legit, but with this image of the same screenshot from a better angle, it seems like more than one leak of the same screenshot from more than one person

galaxy-nexus-december-8.jpg

Hmmm...soo maybe the Best Buy guy here has a box of red Incredible 2's instead of the Galaxy Nexus in the back behind the line?

Upvote 0
I just checked my corporate store and asked the rep about info on the gnex. What do you want to know he said. Obviously I asked for a release date and he said between the 21st and the 27th with no hesitation. I also asked them if that date was current as of today and he said yes. They also have accessories but aren't selling them.

Hopefully it can at least add a point or two to the gnex morale

Think about how long it takes to disseminate information from the VZW VP that makes the decision all the way down to a rep or sales person. Think about how many layers of employees that info has to travel down. You know that they are not just spamming the entire corporation with this news. It is all done in meetings and in person. The reason that we get conflicting info (like this) is because he is still going by their decision 15 minutes ago and not by the new decision that they made 5 minutes ago. All of the "sources" that give us info are all probably correct (at one time or another), but not all correct this instant because they all have not yet received the very latest new completely different decision.

Upvote 0
i agree with many of you, that first image of the guy at the laptop and that whole 12/8 thing didnt seem totally legit, but with this image of the same screenshot from a better angle, it seems like more than one leak of the same screenshot from more than one person....

Or someone else typed it as a prank.

Just sayin

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
Hey, some positive thinking. What if by flexible the Source's higher up was not just referring to date slipping, but method of release. If it truly a marketing decision, a web only launch is still a possibility. Maybe before the 8th.

Here's a more realistic thought.....The Source knows nothing except the misinformation that he's fed.

Upvote 0
Think about how long it takes to disseminate information from the VZW VP that makes the decision all the way down to a rep or sales person. Think about how many layers of employees that info has to travel down. You know that they are not just spamming the entire corporation with this news. It is all done in meetings and in person. The reason that we get conflicting info (like this) is because he is still going by their decision 15 minutes ago and not by the new decision that they made 5 minutes ago. All of the "sources" that give us info are all probably correct (at one time or another), but not all correct this instant because they all have not yet received the very latest new completely different decision.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm just sharing information that has been received in the last 30 minutes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones