• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
CK is great. Just don't look for sugar coated responses and your all good.

If you want me to see it don't hide it. I am really tired of seeing all the hidden anticlimactic results. I have read every post in this thread and the show buttons just get in my way and add to my carpel tunnel.

I agreee,
Also a photographer I have more cash in my equipment that some do in new cars. I sympathize with the masses wanting perfection in a phone cam but am I impressed with the new ground gained in the GN camera's auto focus and fps speed.

Heh! Its 50/50 the way I see it between euphoric and anticlimactic.....

I have mentioned before I tried one a while back and the Batt life was horrid. I really wanted to like the phone. What killed it for me was the low audio volume and felt vibration across the board and its inability to properly load a difficult site I regularly use that the OG did with ease. That was maybe 6 mos ago. Maybe your is better in some ways than my copy was.

Gapi - you should check out the photo comparison between the SGSII and Nexus. somebody posted it last night. The Nexus blew the SII away in low light. In daylight, they were virtually the same.

Upvote 0
And this is why I've kept saying the Samsung hardware scares me, ICS or not. I've never had anything but bad experience with Samsung phone hardware.

I think this is it for me. I'll either get the Razr or Rezound and wait for ICS to show up on them. Much better hardware in either case IMO.

Really? I've never had a problem with Samsung hardware. Before I started using smartphones Samsung and Nokia were the makers of the best phones out there, IMHO. My Fascinate has rock solid hardware in it and has been great with that respect. The only issue I've ever had with Samsung is there software and the length of time it takes them to send out updates, but I think the update thing is only a problem in the US. Other than TouchWiz, I think Samsung makes a fantastic product.

Upvote 0
Wow! Your numbers are higher than mine. I barely hit 100 minutes total for a billing cycle. I think I need to find a few friends :(

Who has time for friends when all one can think about is this thread. Look at your post count and when you joined this forum. If you are like me I am sure you monitor many other sites too. Human contact is overrated, just ask my wife. :eek:

Upvote 0
Hi all. I had been holding out hope for a release tomorrow, and I signed up at the Verizon and Google sites for notifications. On another forum it was agreed that historically notifications from Verizon have always gone out 24 hours before preorder or order availability, and I've seen no such notification. So I think we can (sadly) lay the 21st to rest as a likely launch date.

Where is the opposite of the "thanks" button? (Nothing against you Brocktice)

Upvote 0
so is there a new rumor that i missed yesterday? or is the rumor still for 12/8 launch?

Thor passed along a post from another forum in which the person stated that their spouse (a VZW Corporate Manager I believe) was claiming the Dec 8-as release date screen shots were fake, or for authorized VZW dealer and not corporate stores. Basically a glimmer of hope for a pre-Dec 8 release.

Stay tuned for further developments. And now back to your Sunday TV services with Rev. Hopesalot from Nexus Holy Worship.

Upvote 0
Well, there was that Verizon doc that listed the GNex as the replacement for the Droid Charge. Had a lot of people worried that the GNex was going to be a watered down phone hardware wise (must have been around post 10,000 or something ancient like that).

Oh, and as far as the release date of the DInc, I believe it was April 17 with a release at the end of the month, so a couple week lead.

The Verizon doc lines up with the fact that the placeholder icon for the Galaxy Nexus in that Powerpack accessory listing, is in fact a Droid Charge ;)

Upvote 0
i read a lot about people not liking samsung hardware.... but from my past experiences, i have had the best luck of any manufacturer with samsung and some of the worst with htc and moto, especially htc

I think this goes to show just how different each device is. And I mean that in the micro sense. My DX is great, takes to any rom with no real issues. GF's, not so much. More picky, needs just the right software. I am willing to give Sammy a chance. I messed with the NS, and I was thoroughly impressed.

Upvote 0
The volume problem seems to be systemic across the whole phone, not just music. Hopefully it only affects a small number of Nexi - or there's an app work-around until a permanent fix can be implemented.

Wow, it just dawned on me: November 17th was my 2nd year anniversary on AF! I'm OLD in here! :eek:

Ah well, here's to two MORE years... Cheers :cool:

Upvote 0
Hi all. I had been holding out hope for a release tomorrow, and I signed up at the Verizon and Google sites for notifications. On another forum it was agreed that historically notifications from Verizon have always gone out 24 hours before preorder or order availability, and I've seen no such notification. So I think we can (sadly) lay the 21st to rest as a likely launch date.

I have a feeling emails will go out the instant they make an announcement, not 24 hours earlier or later. When I asked one of the regional executives' secretaries about it she said that the email list will be notified literally the moment they make an announcement.
Also, Sunday's not over yet, meaning even if your "rule" holds true, it could still be later in the day :)

Upvote 0
Really? I've never had a problem with Samsung hardware. Before I started using smartphones Samsung and Nokia were the makers of the best phones out there, IMHO. My Fascinate has rock solid hardware in it and has been great with that respect. The only issue I've ever had with Samsung is there software and the length of time it takes them to send out updates, but I think the update thing is only a problem in the US. Other than TouchWiz, I think Samsung makes a fantastic product.

QFT.

Aside from call quality (which Moto does very very well), Samsung is top of the line when it comes to hardware. Their software support....not so much. That's why a Samsung phone with software, support, and updates direct from Google = amazingness.

Just look at the Nexus S. Single core processor and a year old, but it has kept up with the pack of dual cores very nicely, due to the extreme level of software optimization Google put into it.

Upvote 0

I believe I remember a reply here in the beginning that"You will have the phone in your hand when you get a release notification from Verizon".

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0

On your fascinate you have an functional gps? That was one of the major Issues I have with my captivate.GPS can be really spotty

Upvote 0
I really hope it doesn't launch on Black Friday. I loathe that day, but if it meant that I could get the GNex, I'm push my way through the crowd for it. I really hope an Monday/Tuesday/Wedneseday release.

Me too. Hoping for a Wednesday 11/23 release. I said that a while back, but it didn't jive with what any of the sources were saying. If I had to - I would fight with the soccer moms in their minivans rushing to Target, WalMart, and Toys R' Us - but I'd rather not. I feel like I'm Jason Statham in Death Race when I go out on Black Friday.

Those soccer moms are brutal!!!!

Upvote 0
HAHAHA You're speaking my language. I think the only people I speak to on a regular basis with my mobile is my boss and family who are on the same plan. In fact, I just looked at my account details online because I was curious. 14 days into the billing cycle and I've used the following:
MINUTES: 161mins on peak, 42mins off peak, 216mins family, 102MtoM peak, 77MtoM off peak, 0weekend

DATA: 1.3GB Which seems really low to me.
Oddly enough, I'm connected a great deal of the time. At my full time job I quite literally have my Music player on all day, streaming from GMusic. So those of you who were wondering/speculating about streaming music from the cloud because of the missing SD card, take that into consideration. I do not use the browser as much as I used to because its just so painful on this fledgling phone. I am on G+ quite a bit though through out the day. I'm not entirely sure about the background process that are syncing. I know I cut fBook and twitter off from pulling data in the background. Basically, I consider myself a moderate to heavy data user, so that number up there really surprised me.

Wow! Your numbers are higher than mine. I barely hit 100 minutes total for a billing cycle. I think I need to find a few friends :(

I'm 11 days into my billing cycle. I have used 3 minutes of talk time. 3! I have sent/received 1949 texts. 156.889MB of data used.
I dislike talking on the phone.

Upvote 0
QFT.

Aside from call quality (which Moto does very very well), Samsung is top of the line when it comes to hardware. Their software support....not so much. That's why a Samsung phone with software, support, and updates direct from Google = amazingness.

Just look at the Nexus S. Single core processor and a year old, but it has kept up with the pack of dual cores very nicely, due to the extreme level of software optimization Google put into it.

What makes me nervous is that I went through THREE Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 devices... all were defective. I returned the 3rd and final Galaxy Tab 10.1 for an Asus Transformer 10.1 and haven't had a bit of trouble with it. I understand one person's bad experience with a device doesn't mean ALL devices from said manufacturer are going to be bad, but three bad devices in a row makes me have reservations about a Samsung-manufacturered phone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones