• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the HTTP headers on those found images, they were uploaded only a few hours ago!

(currently it's 20:09 GMT)

For comparison, the Droid RAZR images (e.g. http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/productviews/phones/mot_droid_razr/images/leftside.png) were uploaded on 10/27:

Since the RAZR was released 11/11, there doesn't appear to be an obvious connection between images being uploaded and an imminent release.

preorder started on the 27th....do you realize what this means?

Upvote 0
The ONE SINGLE THING I LOVE the most about this place is the LACK OF the "Use The Search Police!!!!!

Too many forums are rought with these kind of rude replies and I have yet to see a hint of it here until today.

There seems to be a fantastic "good people" to "use the search police" ratio on this board than any other board I am a member of and they are many.

If I see a post that some poor soul needed to, or should have used the search for and do not feel like doing it for him and providing the link I just move on allowing him to perhaps figure it out avoiding the added clutter the "Use The Search" post would have added anyway.

To me seeing the UTS police just gives the forum a bad taste in its mouth.

Quoted for truth. I've seen someone ask a simple question and been berated 200 times rather than be directed towards the info or just plain answered. Took longer to berate someone than to just answer their question.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Image motherlode coming in! Found the XML manifest file that Verizon is using for the "product views" flash movie. It's located here:

<![CDATA[Title 1]]>

From here, we get the following images:
front_closed.png

angled.png

back.png

leftside.png

rightside.png
Still trying to figure out the 360 degree flash movie! By the way, I have saved these images locally in case they take them down.

Right now you are the top story on Phandroid.. Hurry call your mom...:D
EDIT: ninja'd by a couple of seconds!!

Upvote 0
Since the RAZR was released 11/11, there doesn't appear to be an obvious connection between images being uploaded and an imminent release.

but the Razr was originally scheduled to be release 11/10 until they thought it would be cute to release it on 11/11. that's exactly 2 weeks from 10/27 to 11/10. 2 weeks from today is the 14th which can give some validity to the 12/15 date some people are hearing.

Upvote 0
Reactions: lickwidravr
Upvote 0
Someone asked this a few pages back and got lost.

Is today the last day of double data? can anyone confirm it is/isn't?
Verizon is still advertising it without stating when it ends, and my friend who works at VZW hasn't been given a date that the promo ends. If today was the last day, I'm sure they would announce it to get more people to sign up.

Reactions: iiXioM
Upvote 0
According to the HTTP headers on those found images, they were uploaded only a few hours ago!

(currently it's 20:09 GMT)

For comparison, the Droid RAZR images (e.g. http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/productviews/phones/mot_droid_razr/images/leftside.png) were uploaded on 10/27:

But what day was the RAZR announced? Any correlation there?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones