• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else having trouble getting purchases to go through? One went through, but not the others. Problem isn't on my bank's end (checked with them.) Looks like other people are having some problems with Google Wallet for these apps, as well.

Mine are not working, tried two and I'm meh about the rest so I gave up.

Reactions: NCTurner
Upvote 0
This is a little bigger than the usual phone launch. And it has gotten into mainstream media. This has iPhone qualities to the launch. There are rumors that Verizon is going to turn this into an Iconic device (currently only the iPhone and their designated Droid phone recieve this honor). It has completely saturated twitter, facebook, google+. Verizon looks bad, and there are indications the debacle yesterday with the 9th actually affected the stock price of VZ.

if it actually affected the stock price maybe they will start moving this thing along a little faster....

Upvote 0
they've responded to social media twice already, the confirmation that they are getting the phone after google didnt mention them by name on stage and the google wallet situation. if this trends they WILL respond! #VZWNEXUSFAIL

I have to admit that my yard has been free of alligators since those two social media "campaigns" were so successful in making VZW blink.

I really think they are related! :eek:

Upvote 0
Can you attribute some of this to the CSI effect? Reality seldom matches tv, but most people aren't smart enough to grok that.

OT:

I think it does happen more frequently nowadays. If there is a rape, but no DNA evidence because "protection" was used, it's harder to convict. Often the victim gets her reputation trashed instead. It's really sad.

Upvote 0
I'll probably be ninja'd on this but you don't need to unlock the bootloader to overclock, you just need root. That's one of the reasons why I don't get to worried about locked bootloaders because with root I can do pretty much whatever I want to do.
Please enlighten me. I did not think it was possible to overclock without having the ability to overwrite the kernel, something that the locked bootloader prevents.

Upvote 0
This is a little bigger than the usual phone launch. And it has gotten into mainstream media. This has iPhone qualities to the launch. There are rumors that Verizon is going to turn this into an Iconic device (currently only the iPhone and their designated Droid phone recieve this honor). It has completely saturated twitter, facebook, google+. Verizon looks bad, and there are indications the debacle yesterday with the 9th actually affected the stock price of VZ.

Perhaps, but I think you're giving the "general public" way too much credit. A majority can't name the sitting Vice President. VZW has pooched the Nexus, but it has NOT affected their stock price ... believe me that is a fact.

Upvote 0
Please enlighten me. I did not think it was possible to overclock without having the ability to overwrite the kernel, something that the locked bootloader prevents.

From what I've seen and understand the bootloader would not have to be unlocked for overclocking. The Droid 2 and Droid X would not be able to be overclocked if it required an unlocked bootloader to do so. Just my two cents.

On another subject...anxiously awaiting a Nexus myself. My Fascinate is keeping me company until that day.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

The boot "sector" of the phone is locked. other parts of the system are interchangeable. Ive bad an overclocked DX since day one. There are apps in the Market for overclocking certain devices...

Upvote 0
You don't need a "unlocked bootloader" to flash ROMs (kernels). What you CANNOT do is load a completely new OS (android) because the boot section of the phone is locked and will always try and boot into the original OS.

So any ROM on a locked bootloader phone is simply a tweak of the original android build for that device.. Thats why all Moto ROMs still have traces of Blur..

Droid 1, not locked so it can run CM. Droid X has the 2init exploit so it can also run CM with its locked bootloader
Thanks for the clarification, but I thought overclocking could not be done either since that was set at boot. I certainly have not found a way to overclock the X2. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Seriously, a sharpie? I don't put any faith in that particular rumor.

Guys, Verizon just released an official apology for the delay!

note.jpg

Upvote 0
Readers of any good thread will tell you that it's not complete without a My Little Pony update and a trial analysis of the OJ case.

It's complete as soon as it gets Godwinned. ;)

This. I am constantly appalled. Most acquittals are because the evidence is circumstantial, which allows for doubt. But very often, that doubt isn't "reasonable" and a guy EVERYONE knows is guilty walks. Yes, it's the prosecution's job to prove the case. And often we do, but it's still circumstantial.

Funny thing is that what EVERYONE knows is sometimes wrong.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
He wants to do something with Entertainment Marketing.

Then he needs to join this thread for reference material. :D

On another note, speaking of Joe Consumer, I think it's pretty crafty of Verizon to have let all that pesky excitement that happened everywhere when the Nexus was on morning shows die down.

Most fools would have pushed to capitalize on that free promotion and thrilling buzz, but not Big Red.

Oh Verizon, please don't ever change!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones