• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else feel like there is just no buzz around this 12/15 date like there was for known Verizon hopeful release dates like 11/27 and 12/9? Almost no leaks, no chatter, etc...?

I've lost hope. Going to look at the rezound again tomorrow...ics well be out in the form of cm9 soon enough.

People are just tired of this crap, the endless rumors, the endlee articles with the 'leaked release dates and the endless rationales for why these rumored dates are never met.

So that may be why there is no 'buzz', people are just 'buzzed out'. I have no doubt that sales will be lost as well as customers who defect to other carriers who aren't cloaked in a permanent veil of secrecy. :rolleyes:

BTW, the Rezound is a great phone and a great piece of hardware.

Reactions: bradm77 and MysterX
Upvote 0
Just personal opinion, but the RAZR looks terrible. They've put huge bezels on the sides to accomodate how skinny it is. The rest of the consumer electronics industry is trying to remove/minimize bezels and MOTO makes their's bigger.... FAIL IMO.

THIS! somewhere in this thread, someone said "it feels like holding a poptart", and i have to agree. that is all i can think about every time i pick it up now. sure, it's light, but i would much prefer it to be slightly thicker front to back to get rid of some width side to side. non-removable battery is also an issue for me. i knew what to expect with a 4G device, but always got around the drain by carrying an extra battery with my thunderbolt. i don't get the complaints about the screen, comparing it to the rezound i couldn't tell much difference. i would describe the rezound screen as more "accurate", but the razr screen is certainly more "vibrant". it is a nice phone overall, but 3-4 months until the ICS upgrade (per motorola) and an encrypted bootloader are my main reason for returning.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth guys,

I stopped at a Radio Shack, and also a 3rd party retailer who said they will have the phone on sale for the 15th. Radio shack had no inventory, but the 3rd party seller said he has them in stock, but unable to sell until the 15th. I'm sure 15th is new launch date.

Because a random 3rd party seller said so?

It's safe to say no one knows when it will be released, employees are just giving their best guests, like everyone here.

Reactions: Eastonl
Upvote 0
THIS! somewhere in this thread, someone said "it feels like holding a poptart", and i have to agree. that is all i can think about every time i pick it up now. sure, it's light, but i would much prefer it to be slightly thicker front to back to get rid of some width side to side. non-removable battery is also an issue for me. i knew what to expect with a 4G device, but always got around the drain by carrying an extra battery with my thunderbolt. i don't get the complaints about the screen, comparing it to the rezound i couldn't tell much difference. i would describe the rezound screen as more "accurate", but the razr screen is certainly more "vibrant". it is a nice phone overall, but 3-4 months until the ICS upgrade (per motorola) and an encrypted bootloader are my main reason for returning.

I was in RS at Garden State Plaza yesterday and the salesman was busy so I just looked at all the phones. I picked up the Razr for kicks and giggles and started laughing cause I immediately thought the pop tart thing too.

Upvote 0
Because a random 3rd party seller said so?

It's safe to say no one knows when it will be released, employees are just giving their best guests, like everyone here.

He looked it up on his computer. I was not able to catch a glimpse of it. So either he was telling a lie or that's when he's able to officially sell them.

As i said though, FWIW!

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Then why talk about leaving if it is not out by the 15th. Just wait and see, if not go. It is that simple.

Do what you have to do, just realize they are truly all rumors

If I choose to believe what a representative from Verizon tells me, (they are the only entity within Verizon I'll ever talk to) then to me it doesn't get much more legit than that. Some get their info when they read it on the internet.

But I believe that the 15th isn't a rumor because a representative told me that was the next anticipated date she actually dug for it for herself.. Call me naive or whatever, I believed her.

Upvote 0
People are just tired of this crap, the endless rumors, the endlee articles with the 'leaked release dates and the endless rationales for why these rumored dates are never met.

So that may be why there is no 'buzz', people are just 'buzzed out'. I have no doubt that sales will be lost as well as customers who defect to other carriers who aren't cloaked in a permanent veil of secrecy. :rolleyes:

BTW, the Rezound is a great phone and a great piece of hardware.

Count me in as a possible defector. I believe the Galaxy Nexus is coming to at&t (possibly other carriers too). I just called big red to confirm that I can return my wife's recently upgraded phone and revert to a month-to-month contract. I got her phone at Best Buy (black Friday deal), so I have until 12/25 to return it within their 30-day policy. If we don't get any Galaxy Nexus love from big red before Christmas, I'm going to make sure my options are open when it is released on another carrier. At this point for me, it's the phone not the carrier that will drive my decisions. I'm stubborn that way. :)

-me

Upvote 0
I feel like we are all beaten down and afraid to get excited
yep...my sentiments exactly....BUT my woman's intuition is kicking in and I am feeling positive about next week...I know I know...we've said that for all the other so-called release dates, but something's telling me this week will give us some really good news.:D

Upvote 0
yep...my sentiments exactly....BUT my woman's intuition is kicking in and I am feeling positive about next week...I know I know...we've said that for all the other so-called release dates, but something's telling me this week will give us some really good news.:D

I'm going off woman's intuition combined with the fact that some people have them.

Upvote 0
I do agree with people that this garbage really does make you resist the purchase. You want to be part of something new and exciting, and all the garbage that goes on behind the scenes forces people to resist the purchase just in principle.

Band together here... we will get our phone eventually. :) Patience is a virtue and I know we have practiced that before. Hopefully this is the final step.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
FINALLY got a polite and knowledgeable CSR on the phone from Verizon. He knew about the Nexus and he said he got to try it out at his Best Buy and he basically came to the conclusion that he seriously regrets getting his iPhone 4S, he said it's basically the best phone he's ever seen. He tried looking up the release date and he said all he saw was he time period of 12/7-12/12 and he said it's probably a pre-release window or something... he said I should definitely look out this week for a release.

I tried to get that $100 off promo but it wasn't showing up, but then again I am in NY so thats most likely the reason. But I do have a $50 loyalty discount so its all good.

I pray that it comes out this week.

Upvote 0
Have we heard anything from the sources yet? Seems like we usually do by now after taking some bad news.

Nah, we heard all the news the day before yesterday. Google and Verizon are having a catfight. I imagine they've been talking about it all weekend and will have an answer for us pretty soon.

Nope we still love you.
I'm going to a movie later too.

Cool! I'm seeing the movie with what'sHisName about being a single father. It got 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I feel like we are all beaten down and afraid to get excited

Hang in there, my friend. It's all in the bag. Trust me.

lurker here. I finally got to play with an LTE nexus today. It was really nice seeing how fast and smooth it is for myself. The keyboard is awesome, although I don't understand why they made going back and replacing a mis-corrected word so hard (very minor issue). Also this was my first time using LTE and wow is surfing the web fast. Clicking on links instantly starts loading the page and the page then loads super quick. Not sure if other LTE phones are that fast.

it made me excited to use it for myself, but also sad since there is such a great device out there that we aren't allowed to buy yet. It gave me motivation to keep waiting tho :)

Welcome to Android Forums! Thanks for the Review!!!! :)

Yes. Yes, you are.

Promise!!!???????? :D :D :D

Upvote 0
And this is the one I got:
VZWAD.jpg

Why is mine missing the $100 off of 4G devices?!?!

I got the exact same one. I ran inside with it like an excited kid and then realized it was just this BS.

I have an email out to Verizon about the 4G offer. We just got 4G in Des Moines in November.

Upvote 0
Anyone used Incipio cases in the past?
They have a case for the GNex in stock - HERE for $29.99

I've used a lot of Seido cases, but never tried Incipio so please let us know if you know them.

I ordered the TPU case from Amazon (in pink glitter flex...I know girly girly!) and am expecting it Tuesday. Can't beat the price for $10.00 and it gets great reviews.

Upvote 0
Does anyone else feel like there is just no buzz around this 12/15 date like there was for known Verizon hopeful release dates like 11/27 and 12/9? Almost no leaks, no chatter, etc...?

I've lost hope. Going to look at the rezound again tomorrow...ics well be out in the form of cm9 soon enough.

The Rezound is not unlocked, nor is it permrooted. Devs are starting to stay away from it, I would too if you are buying planning on putting CM9 on.

Upvote 0
I see you were in my neck of the woods. Your a crazy woman to step foot into that mall during xmas season!! Actually, all you women are!!! :D
I was in RS at Garden State Plaza yesterday and the salesman was busy so I just looked at all the phones. I picked up the Razr for kicks and giggles and started laughing cause I immediately thought the pop tart thing too.

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
Anyone used Incipio cases in the past?
They have a case for the GNex in stock - HERE for $29.99

I've used a lot of Seido cases, but never tried Incipio so please let us know if you know them.

I bought the incipio case from verizon last week. It actually feels very nice. I can't wait to put nexus in it. I posted pics a while back...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones