• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was OOBER excited when I pulled the Verizon mailer out of my mailbox yesterday. I thought OH YES! Another $100 off of my Nexus! Then reality set in . . .

This is the one with $100 off:
promo-1.jpg

And this is the one I got:
VZWAD.jpg

Why is mine missing the $100 off of 4G devices?!?!

I wonder if I call on the day that Verizon releases the Galaxy Nexus and order if I tell them I got the mailer with $100 off 4G phones if they will go ahead and take it off. There is no coupon, it's simply printed on the mailer. How could they know if you did or DID NOT get it on your mailer? I'm going to try it.

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
*$124 nexus, the LS deal was $25 ;)

Hmmm... Didn't the living social deal cost 25$

sooo $125 for you. Still good though!

EDIT: Ninja'd? I dont know why i bother sometimes.. lol
LIES! Both of you LIES! Some people got 3 other people to purchase from their link and got it for free :)

Upvote 0
People are just tired of this crap, the endless rumors, the endlee articles with the 'leaked release dates and the endless rationales for why these rumored dates are never met.

So that may be why there is no 'buzz', people are just 'buzzed out'. I have no doubt that sales will be lost as well as customers who defect to other carriers who aren't cloaked in a permanent veil of secrecy. :rolleyes:

BTW, the Rezound is a great phone and a great piece of hardware.

Exactly. Ill get excited when it actually goes on sale. Rumored release date after release date gets old after a while.

Upvote 0
FWIW, stopped at a Verizon reseller in Cameron Park since I was right by it. I asked about the Nexus and he said "yeah it's not out yet. It was pushed out again. It was supposed to be the 15th but they pushed it to the 18th or 19th". He said of course they want this thing out by Xmas.

If this is true (major NaCl here), Verizon is dumber than I thought to miss another Xmas shopping weekend. So if that's true, it must be something major to miss yet another weekend.
Okay, i just tried to do this via phone by calling big red customer service (800-922-0204). The lady I spoke to was very nice and tried her best to help. But I got nowhere. She claimed to have no knowledge of this $100 promotion. I tried giving the promotion code from the droid-life article (Verizon Promotional Mailer: Receive $100 Off Any 4G Smartphone, No Limitations Found – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog): CH4GE. But that yielded nothing. So, I'll try to send an email to see where that gets me. A $100 discount is worth the effort. :)

Okay, and while on the phone I asked about the Galaxy Nexus. She said she knew about that phone and would check to see what the updated release date was supposed to be. Then she said, 'Hrm...sir one moment please'. I said, 'Hrm? That doesn't sound good.' And she said something is wrong because the Galaxy Nexus doesn't pull up in her equipment guide today. She said it did yesterday and had a date of the 15th. But today, *poof* nothing about the Galaxy Nexus in her system. She could find information about accessories, but not the phone. Take this with a grain of salt, but methinks there is more stormy weather ahead for big red nexus fans. :(

-me
FWIW I called 611 from my phone asked about the $100 rebate and its only valid for people who are upgrading and signing a new 2 year contract.

Separately, I asked if they are selling the Galaxy Nexus yet and the CSR guy said " it was supposed to come out on the 9th but due to diputes with Verizon Wireless and Google it is currently on hold.

For what it's worth guys,

I stopped at a Radio Shack, and also a 3rd party retailer who said they will have the phone on sale for the 15th. Radio shack had no inventory, but the 3rd party seller said he has them in stock, but unable to sell until the 15th. I'm sure 15th is new launch date.
I don't know how you are so certain... these three stories plus what I heard from my rep just tonight about the 15th no longer being confirmed have me very much doubting we will have our GN fix next week at all.... :(

Upvote 0
FINALLY got a polite and knowledgeable CSR on the phone from Verizon. He knew about the Nexus and he said he got to try it out at his Best Buy and he basically came to the conclusion that he seriously regrets getting his iPhone 4S, he said it's basically the best phone he's ever seen. He tried looking up the release date and he said all he saw was he time period of 12/7-12/12 and he said it's probably a pre-release window or something... he said I should definitely look out this week for a release.

I tried to get that $100 off promo but it wasn't showing up, but then again I am in NY so thats most likely the reason. But I do have a $50 loyalty discount so its all good.

I pray that it comes out this week.

I am still holding out for a Tuesday soft launch and then all retail wide on Thurs. What I heard too when I was last minute denied a GN and the sales woman had to call her district manager to confirm. He was kind enough to talk to me also and was very apologetic. Said he is looking at the email that says soft launch at VZW on Tues and for them on Thurs. Now I don't know if that came from the regional mgr and where he got it from or a fwd straight from VZW but hey if it happens it happens right.

I laugh inside (not lol) at VZW and every phone release not meeting expectation and then a phone comes along that will blow away expectations but they slow play so long they end up out of chips. I move that we start calling them Big Red Tape.

Upvote 0
I know people here won't like this but I wonder how many of us would already have caved and bought an iPhone if they had released the iPhone 5 instead of the 4S. An iPhone with at 4"+ screen and LTE. It would be almost perfect. The video and the camera would be great.

I would consider getting an iphone again if the screen was over 4".

Upvote 0
I know people here won't like this but I wonder how many of us would already have caved and bought an iPhone if they had released the iPhone 5 instead of the 4S. An iPhone with at 4"+ screen and LTE. It would be almost perfect. The video and the camera would be great.

I'd make a substantial bet that I would cave in.

Upvote 0
I feel like we are all beaten down and afraid to get excited

Well worded. I'm really starting to feel that this phone will not be released by Verizon. I think we've got two corporations acting like children and playing chicken with this phone.

All release rumors have been wrong so far, no matter how credible the sources have been. Maybe a better way to word it is the sources were correct but the dates changed, amounting to the same thing.

When the rumors went to hell before Thanksgiving, it really bummed me. I spoke to my lovely, talented and understanding wife who helped me achieve perspective. When it doesn't release I'll be disappointed but not bummed. It's a phone. When the release doesn't happen, my days on Verizon will be numbered. I'm pretty sure Sprint has good coverage in this area.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Verizon has a bit of time to grow up and act like an adult. I hope it happens this week. In any case, I've got two weeks off for Christmas and one vacation day to burn this week so it's hard to get down. :)

Upvote 0
The Rezound is not unlocked, nor is it permrooted. Devs are starting to stay away from it, I would too if you are buying planning on putting CM9 on.

SVDO may be an issue for CM9 support.

As for devs starting to stay away from it, I would simply note this for the Rezound, dated this last week, from Be Hopeful. - xda-developers -

ForwardTwo said:
As time is going on we are getting closer and closer to an S-Off exploit. I don't know much about it, nor can I really vouch for how it works, but there is a huge effort behind it and it is really starting to get somewhere.

From 5:30 to 10:00 AM CST Evil is going to try and decode and with that, get us another step closer to S-Off (A very close step actually.).

The end goal is that we are able to get unlock.bin to actually activate, and that unlocking S-Off will be as simple as booting up the phone into recovery and choosing the option to unlock boot-loader. It is on the phone, they just haven't found out how to get it to actually run.

Overall, I'd say be hopeful. We should be getting root, or near it, in the upcoming days (Maybe even hours!) if this all works out.

Evil has been extremely hard at work on this, and I can back that up with how busy his forums have been with work. :)

Here's to crossing my fingers! :D

See also -

List of Devs for the HTC Rezound (Devs Check-in here) - xda-developers

I don't claim to have any guarantees, but I question the idea that this will be an unlockable phone with the devs fleeing it.

Upvote 0
Cool! I'm seeing the movie with what'sHisName about being a single father. It got 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Hang in there, my friend. It's all in the bag. Trust me.

Promise!!!???????? :D :D :D

I'm going to regret telling you guys but I'm actually seeing Breaking Dawn.
I can hang in till the phone is out. I know I can.

And no! You are not fired. Not allowed. :p

I see you were in my neck of the woods. Your a crazy woman to step foot into that mall during xmas season!! Actually, all you women are!!! :D

I was there for the theater and decided to walk around for a minute.
I'm actually only about 5 minutes from you when I'm home though. Hawthorne is a mere hop, skip and a jump.

Upvote 0
After watching a ton of different videos recorded by the GNex, I have to say...some look wavy as hell (like the one recorded with the dogs) and some look perfectly fine, and even other look really amazing.

I wonder if there is some sort of protective plastic on the camera lens, and if there is, I wonder if the waviness is a result of people not taking it off?

Upvote 0
Not that it adds anything new, but my local Best Buy had the dummy unit out and on display with a coming soon tag underneath it.

And coming from a DInc, I thought this thing would be huge, but it doesn't feel like it. It, like a lot people have stated, just feels perfect in my hand. As for the what the Rep said, we just talked about how a bunch of people keep asking about it with no mention of a release.

And you know what? I'm now content after touching a display unit. I could just tell it's with the wait. Just my $.02.

Upvote 0
LOL!!!!

just called *611 to verify my ne2 and asked about "a phone that rhymes with lexis"

Guy read off the official VZ statement about media reports and saying they wouldn't release a phone that didn't meet their criteria

hard to tell over the phone but I think the CSR was reading off the statement with a John McEnroe "they cannot be serious" look on his face

Upvote 0
Well, had a relaxing weekend.

Visited my girlfriend's family up in Gettysburg and just relaxed. Time for some Skyrim tonight, and happily I managed to mostly avoid lurking the forums. No news means might as well get out and do stuff!

Anyways, couple thoughts:

1. Praying that it comes out this Thursday 12/15. That will make my year. I don't know if I can take another disappointment of no release. Last week was brutal!

2. Only reason it would take a lot to drive me over to ATT/T-Mobile for the GSM Nexus is because I have a grandfathered unlimited plan with Verizon and want LTE. But if I have to wait until January or February I may just suck it up.

Anyways, let's hope this week is better than the last! If, on Thursday, we all have our Nexus' this will be one happy forum! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones