• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

Go to menu /settings /CyanogenMod Settings /Interface/Notification Power Widget /Widget buttons, check the Screen Orientation box.
If you have more than five boxes checked, they might not all show up.

I have it in the widget row in the notification bar, but i was just wondering if there was a way to set it so that when i click it in landscape mode it stays in landscape mod instead of just reverting to portrait? Its likely just not possible, thought I'd ask though. It'd be good for web browsing or reading comics, etc.

Upvote 0
I have it in the widget row in the notification bar, but i was just wondering if there was a way to set it so that when i click it in landscape mode it stays in landscape mod instead of just reverting to portrait? Its likely just not possible, thought I'd ask though. It'd be good for web browsing or reading comics, etc.

It's possible:

Settings > ADWLauncher > System Preferences > Home Orientation

Select the 'Auto/sensor' option

HTH...

Reactions: AndyOpie150
Upvote 0
Duh! "Sound of light coming on". I think I need to drink some coffee before I post so late.

Reactions: MisterJoseph
Upvote 0
Hahaha. I was beginning to wonder if i made sense. Do you think this could be possible? I don't have ant idea what could potentially be involved
It's possible:

Settings > ADWLauncher > System Preferences > Home Orientation

Select the 'Auto/sensor' option

HTH...
I guess I don't understand what you're asking. I thought tli's response answered your question.

Upvote 0
I guess I don't understand what you're asking. I thought tli's response answered your question.

I want the orientation to like lock in its current position when i turn off the screen orientation button instead of reverting to portrait. Like, so i can read a manga on my phone and wiggle all around getting comfy with my phone and not have to worry about the orientation changing. Also, i use laubcherpro so i didn't switch to adw to see if it would work cause i haven't had a break to yet, but i don't think its quite what it is. I make sense, right? Days like I'm typing in landscape now and then when i push the button it switches to portrait. I want it to lock in landscape, so that i can hold the phone in any position nd it doesn't change.

Upvote 0
I want the orientation to like lock in its current position when i turn off the screen orientation button instead of reverting to portrait. Like, so i can read a manga on my phone and wiggle all around getting comfy with my phone and not have to worry about the orientation changing. Also, i use laubcherpro so i didn't switch to adw to see if it would work cause i haven't had a break to yet, but i don't think its quite what it is. I make sense, right? Days like I'm typing in landscape now and then when i push the button it switches to portrait. I want it to lock in landscape, so that i can hold the phone in any position nd it doesn't change.

Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Display (uncheck all but 90 or 270). ;)

Upvote 0
I believe this was mentioned before. Do the regular wipe of cache and dalvik. Then, flash the new version. Afterwards, go to Link2SD:
[More] -> [Recreate mount scripts]

NOTE: Do not Quick Reboot. Just reboot regularly and the apps should come back up. The widgets will not work but you can easily re-add them.

Maybe we should add these instructions to the main post, Jerry. Seems like a handful of people with the OV use Link2SD. It's understandable since we're so limited with only like 150mbs of space haha xD

These directions worked, I upgraded to 12072011 and all my apps are back. I did however also have to clear the Market's data and cache also for it to recognize the apps that were moved by Link2SD.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
alright you guys...I don't even want to ask this, because I feel like such a noob right now...here we go:

I decided to try out the different styles of lock screen sliders, because I was doing a new theme and wanted to actually theme the lock screen this time, and I wanted to know what the different styles actually looked like, since I had only ever used the 'ring' style.
So I get to the 'lense' style...which looks nice, BTW....and it won't unlock my phone. I know you slide it down, but it just bounces back up w/o unlocking it. What the heck am I missing? I don't have a pattern lock or anything that could possibly be messing with it.
I really *really* don't want to have to wipe and reflash, as I have not gone thru the rather lengthy process of preparing to do that, and with my links2sd, I have to either wipe nothing or everything, and yes I've tried every single tip and trick thats been posted about that, I still get apps that are missing, etc. so its all or nothing.

I seriously can't believe I'M LOCKED OUT OF MY PHONE AND MY LOCKSCREEN IS MOCKING ME!!

help???

EDIT: Crisis averted! I had my boyfriend call my phone and just backed out of the call screen...luckily it didn't back out into the lock screen and I could change my lockscreen setting while I was on the call. Whew. Anywho...write this down: DON"T use the lense lockscreen! That is all.

Upvote 0
alright you guys...I don't even want to ask this, because I feel like such a noob right now...here we go:

I decided to try out the different styles of lock screen sliders, because I was doing a new theme and wanted to actually theme the lock screen this time, and I wanted to know what the different styles actually looked like, since I had only ever used the 'ring' style.
So I get to the 'lense' style...which looks nice, BTW....and it won't unlock my phone. I know you slide it down, but it just bounces back up w/o unlocking it. What the heck am I missing? I don't have a pattern lock or anything that could possibly be messing with it.
I really *really* don't want to have to wipe and reflash, as I have not gone thru the rather lengthy process of preparing to do that, and with my links2sd, I have to either wipe nothing or everything, and yes I've tried every single tip and trick thats been posted about that, I still get apps that are missing, etc. so its all or nothing.

I seriously can't believe I'M LOCKED OUT OF MY PHONE AND MY LOCKSCREEN IS MOCKING ME!!

help???

Very interesting. I've used this one before with no problems. I just applied the same lock and am now also locked out... lol.

Upvote 0
Wondering if someone can explain this...

I just flashed to a new verison. It definitely worked, as I went from 2.3.5 to 2.3.7 but somehow I lost nothing. All my apps, backgrounds, etc, are still in place. How did this happen?

That's how it should work if you only wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing. ;)

Upvote 0
I think having gestures enabled is what caused the lockscreen to misbehave. ;)

no,no see i DIDN'T have gestures enabled when that happened!! I didn't have anything weird enabled, just straight up lockscreen with the lense style, and boop! I'm locked out! (its ok tho, its only one of about 4 things that have gone wrong for me tonight, and it was the easiest fix :D)

Upvote 0
Has anyone used simple2ext on the Optimus V before? I like link2sd but it doesn't move data or cache but apparently simple2ext does.
I does for me, and I use the free version. Just tap a movable app in the main screen, you'll be in a screen with all kinds of options. You can manipulate your apps, dex files, data, and cache. It displays the total size of the app, broken down by file and location.

Reactions: exProphecy
Upvote 0
Oh, awesome! Thanks.

I guess my only other question then would be...it seems like my startup is a bit longer than before. Not sure if that's normal. And when i rebooted I had to "force close" adw launcher.

Things seem faster and more responsive, overall.

Do you have a theme installed? Because I have one on mine and I usually have launched pro FC when I reboot too. It only happens one time after I reboot and then its good till next time. Also, I dont have my cpu settings locked on boot(right term?[probably not, but my cpu settings go back to normal on reboot])
Im wondering if it has to do with a theme?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones