• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Wallet now Available through the Market**

I don't get any pop ups but it does say "Balance unavailable" where it normally shows my balance. Under user ID it says "Cannot contact bank".

I did check it after I updated and it was working fine.
Yep, that's what I'm getting now.

Screenshot_2012-06-04-06-52-17.png

Upvote 0
Ok, so I was able to force it to update through the market... (first time I got this to work recently)

I'm now on the r63 version.

Both my linked citi and the prepaid google say they can't update :/

I'm starting to think google is having a issue with their service.

Any sprint/GSM folks out there? is your wallet working this morning?

Upvote 0
Cool, hopefully a non-vzw user will chime in also. this is starting to have the feel of a general outage. But it'd be nice to have some verification...

Because of us VZW peeps not being "official" I always worry they found a way to stick it to us :/

Sooooooo, anyone NOT on vzw actually use Google wallet? So far were the only ones seeing this issue,right? (within this forum)

Edit: so a prepaid card was added but it shown 0 on the balance. I know I had 2.something on there.
Tapping on Citi says its unavailable.

Upvote 0
Sooooooo, anyone NOT on vzw actually use Google wallet? So far were the only ones seeing this issue,right? (within this forum)

Edit: so a prepaid card was added but it shown 0 on the balance. I know I had 2.something on there.
Tapping on Citi says its unavailable.
Google wallet is back up
Google Wallet – Droid Life

I tried tipping phandroid to write a little blurb about it, but wasn't newsworthy enough I guess :p :thinking:

Reactions: Crashumbc
Upvote 0
I am new to the Nexus and Google wallet.I just set it up and seemed to be working fine.
Now I get unsupported device learn more: the link opens this page.
http://i.imgur.com/aEaPf.jpg
Is it known that rooted phones can't run wallet?

Googled and it sounds like the app still works its like a security warning from google?
Yeah it's just a warning. The app should still work fine.

However this is stated in the terms of service:
4. Limitations on Use of Services.

We may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation individual or aggregate transaction limits on the dollar amount or number of Payment Transactions during any specified time period(s). We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Services at any time, including hours of operation or availability of the Services or any Service feature, without notice and without liability. We also reserve the right to impose limits on certain Service features or restrict access to parts or all of the Services without notice and without liability. We may decline to process any Payment Transaction without prior notice to Buyer or Seller.*

We may limit or suspend your use of one or more Services at any time, in our sole and absolute discretion. If we suspend your use of the Services, we will attempt to notify you by electronic mail. Suspension of your use of the Services will not affect your rights and obligations pursuant to these Terms of Service arising before or after such suspension.*
The Mobile Wallet Application is intended for use on mobile devices and Android operating systems as provided to you directly by Google or your mobile carrier. You are strictly prohibited from using the Mobile Wallet Application on a mobile device or Android operating system that has been modified or customized in any way. You bear sole responsibility for such unauthorized use of the Mobile Wallet Application on a modified mobile device or Android operating system.

Emphasis added

Upvote 0
Mine was up this morning (my user ID was showing), however when I go to the vending machine, and scan, the vending machine doesn't respond, even though the phone goes through the regular process, until it gives me the notice to check with the cashier to see if the transaction went through. I decided to reset wallet, uninstall, and reinstall from the market. everything worked fine until I pressed to add a Google prepaid card in the app, now its been sitting here thinking for 30 minutes, without stopping. I rebooted my phone, and force closed the app, but starting it back up, the app is still sitting there trying to add the card.

Upvote 0
Hoping someone can help. I'm getting no luck installing Google Wallet on my Verizon GN. I have followed the video instructions exactly but reach a point where I cannot "exactly" follow them.

I cleared all cache, etc. and ensured I was signed out of my account before starting. Using the browser, I follow the instructions, find Google Wallet, tap on its icon, tap on Install, sign in (always choosing to complete actions using the browser), then after sign in I am presented with the install dialog. This is not what the video shows will happen. The only way to go beyond this point is to hit Cancel in the dialog (no compatible device is listed, so trying to install from it won't work).

After Cancel, I am back at the market page for Google Wallet, which is where the video shows I should have landed after signing in. I then hit Back and then choose Google Play Store when prompted which application to use. This takes me to the Permissions page for Google Wallet, but there is no install button.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Hoping someone can help. I'm getting no luck installing Google Wallet on my Verizon GN. I have followed the video instructions exactly but reach a point where I cannot "exactly" follow them.

I cleared all cache, etc. and ensured I was signed out of my account before starting. Using the browser, I follow the instructions, find Google Wallet, tap on its icon, tap on Install, sign in (always choosing to complete actions using the browser), then after sign in I am presented with the install dialog. This is not what the video shows will happen. The only way to go beyond this point is to hit Cancel in the dialog (no compatible device is listed, so trying to install from it won't work).

After Cancel, I am back at the market page for Google Wallet, which is where the video shows I should have landed after signing in. I then hit Back and then choose Google Play Store when prompted which application to use. This takes me to the Permissions page for Google Wallet, but there is no install button.

Any ideas?
Go to the play store on your phones browser, and search for google wallet, (sign in with your gmail account at any time). Complete all actions using your browser(or any PC). Your nexus should show up as a compatible device, and should be able to install...IF it doesn't...

Go to the play store in your phones browser(sign out of your gmail account up if it shows you as signed in). Search for google wallet, (choose to complete the action with your browser until i specifically mention not to). Click on the picture for google wallet, not the install button. When the next page loads, click on the install button, it should then pop up a dialog box with the option to sign in. Click sign in, and sign in with your account, after you are signed in with your browser, use the back button twice, you should then get the dialog asking how to complete the action (browser or play store) choose play store and your play store will open up to the wallet page, where you will be able to download and install.

Upvote 0
Go to the play store on your phones browser, and search for google wallet, (sign in with your gmail account at any time). Complete all actions using your browser(or any PC). Your nexus should show up as a compatible device, and should be able to install...IF it doesn't...

Go to the play store in your phones browser(sign out of your gmail account up if it shows you as signed in). Search for google wallet, (choose to complete the action with your browser until i specifically mention not to). Click on the picture for google wallet, not the install button. When the next page loads, click on the install button, it should then pop up a dialog box with the option to sign in. Click sign in, and sign in with your account, after you are signed in with your browser, use the back button twice, you should then get the dialog asking how to complete the action (browser or play store) choose play store and your play store will open up to the wallet page, where you will be able to download and install.

^This is how I did mine as well.

Upvote 0

Sorry to quote the entire set of instructions, but when I get to the bolded part the play store app shows me only the permissions page for Wallet with no install button.

Thanks for the detailed instructions, though. It seems like it should work, but no dice for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones