• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shipping date speculation

I woke up to this email from UPS:

This notice alerts you that the shipment listed below is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Monday, 07/16/2012

If the scheduled delivery needs to be changed, select the Tracking Number below or log on to ups.com to request a delivery change from the tracking detail.

Shipment 1
Tracking Number: 1Z7F3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shipper: GOOGLE ANDROID CO UPS-SCS

Approximate Delivery Time: between 11:45 AM and 3:45 PM
UPS Service: UPS 2nd Day Air

Upvote 0

This notice alerts you that the shipment listed below is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

If the scheduled delivery needs to be changed, select the Tracking Number below or log on to ups.com to request a delivery change from the tracking detail.

Shipment 1

May I ask in what general area do you live?

Upvote 0

Shipment 1

Curious, when did you receive your tracking number?

Upvote 0

Shipment 1

Got the same notice from UPS MyChoice. woot! FWIW I'm in the Minneapolis area, got my tracking number email 2am'ish saturday morning.

Upvote 0
My order from the Play Store also still hasn't budged but I'll lend another tally for the "I also ordered a case with it" idea of why they aren't shipping. I have to say that they royally botched this whole exercise. I don't think they'll be making good on the idea of getting all orders placed on the 27th-19th out this weekend. In fact, I'm hedging on it being a while. Glad Sam's had them.

Upvote 0
But if you lookup the tracking number on ups.com, does it also say Monday, or does that still say "no info found"?

Mine has always said this:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated.

Change Delivery
Request Status Updates
Label Created On:
07/12/2012
Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 07/16/2012

( no change this morning except the email I got overnight as reported several posts above)

Upvote 0
But if you lookup the tracking number on ups.com, does it also say Monday, or does that still say "no info found"?

No tracking info when I'm not logged into UPS mychoice. When I log in I get slightly more info:

Label Created On:
07/12/2012
Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 07/16/2012

Not much to go on, but they send an email a day before delivery. You can sign up and use the free mychoice account to see this kind of info. It's kind of cool, enter your address, and any names that might get a shipment and you can sign up for various notification features.

Upvote 0
Have you received the ship notice from Google Wallet?

Yeah I got it at 2am yesterday. Only info I get with the tracking number is:

>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

I expect it to be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

Upvote 0
Staples had a small window to order some this morning. Got 2, 1 for the wife, and 1 for a friend.

Should be here Monday or Tuesday. My UPS info gives nothing also, just says billed on the 12th. Hope it comes with the other 2 I got.

Edit: Tracking number said scheduled Delivery Monday, 07/16/2012, By End of Day

Edit 2: More clarity- A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated. Scheduled Delivery Monday, 07/16/2012, By End of Day

Upvote 0
UPS my choice also emailed me saying I would be getting the package tomorrow between 10:30am and 2:30pm. They also say, A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated. I'm not sure I believe that any of us will get them tomorrow. If I read correctly on ones package has movement in the system.

Upvote 0
Just found this in the xda monster thread:-
This is what i was just told by a Google rep, regarding the play store orders being received so poorly and after store orders.

1- Asus sent the tablets to the various stores, not Google. Google thought the stores would by in bulk through them (because it is a Google product, officially.)
2- Google is in talking with Asus about this issue, as it is not how they had arranged things.
3- Every level of Google is "running around with their heads cut off" because of these pre-orders. They didn't expect them to be so numerous (i was told over 50,000 through the play store, which doesn't seem that many). They also had problems with UPS not shipping them right (holding them to all ship at once instead of as they were sent to them) [which they admitted was their fault for not following up with UPS about how it was supposed to be done.]
4- They are submitting this forum and other ones like it across the internet as a "petition" to show the head honchos that people are very upset about this entire fiasco.
5-Currently they are simply trying to get all the pre-orders out and after that they will probably have a meeting to discuss what they will do about how this was handled.

The rep recognized that that is probably too late to save some of their reputation, as it is already so badly hurt, but that is what is going to happen.

The OP didn't know what to believe but it's interesting to hear.

Upvote 0
Just found this in the xda monster thread:-
This is what i was just told by a Google rep, regarding the play store orders being received so poorly and after store orders.

1- Asus sent the tablets to the various stores, not Google. Google thought the stores would by in bulk through them (because it is a Google product, officially.)
2- Google is in talking with Asus about this issue, as it is not how they had arranged things.
3- Every level of Google is "running around with their heads cut off" because of these pre-orders. They didn't expect them to be so numerous (i was told over 50,000 through the play store, which doesn't seem that many). They also had problems with UPS not shipping them right (holding them to all ship at once instead of as they were sent to them) [which they admitted was their fault for not following up with UPS about how it was supposed to be done.]
4- They are submitting this forum and other ones like it across the internet as a "petition" to show the head honchos that people are very upset about this entire fiasco.
5-Currently they are simply trying to get all the pre-orders out and after that they will probably have a meeting to discuss what they will do about how this was handled.

The rep recognized that that is probably too late to save some of their reputation, as it is already so badly hurt, but that is what is going to happen.

The OP didn't know what to believe but it's interesting to hear.
I hope they either refund the shipping or give us all free cases. Free cases would be the best. We should start a movement for free cases.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones