• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS3 Case discussion thread

GRAY Rubberized Mesh Hard Soft Combo Case Cover Samsung Galaxy S III 3 S3 | eBay

Description: Dual layer case with a thin silicone inner case and a rubberized hard plastic outer case. The outer case is perforated and is gray while the silicone is black.

Fit: The case fits very well with the stock battery cover but it's really too tight with the CF battery cover. The holes all line up well and the buttons work perfectly, pretty much like the buttons on case number 9.

Opinion: I really like this case and it looks different. It's the only non-black case I have other than 2 clear ones. There were lots of color choices available just like with most of the cases I have and I'm not sure what made me chose this color combo. Just something a little different I guess. The dual layer case feels almost as thin as a regular TPU case but it provides a little more protection. It feels great in my hand too. Not too grippy, not too slippery.

Will I use it?: Yes, eventually. I really like the case but I have others that I like too. It will find it's way into the rotation.
I got the black and white version...

RuspP.jpg

BVwGG.jpg

I love this case.. I really like the black and white and the black rubberized part
gives the phone a good grip without feeling like it's sticks in my pocket.

Thanks for all your reviews.

Upvote 0
I got the black and white version...

BVwGG.jpg
BVwGG.jpg

RuspP.jpg

RuspP.jpg
BVwGG.jpg
BVwGG.jpg

I love this case.. I really like the black and white and the black rubberized part
gives the phone a good grip without feeling like it's sticks in my pocket.

Thanks for all your reviews.

That case does look good with the white phone. Quite the coincidence that maybe a half hour before I read your post I put the grey/black one that I have onto my phone for the first time since I wrote the review. I like it. It feels good in my hand and it's not too slippery or sticky. I'm glad people are finding my reviews useful. I don't know when/if there will be anymore though. My wife has pretty much banned me from buying anymore. Not because of the money, they're pretty inexpensive. But mostly out of principle I guess. And something to do with children in Africa not having cases for their phones because I'm hogging all of them...:rolleyes:

Benny

Upvote 0
That case does look good with the white phone. Quite the coincidence that maybe a half hour before I read your post I put the grey/black one that I have onto my phone for the first time since I wrote the review. I like it. It feels good in my hand and it's not too slippery or sticky. I'm glad people are finding my reviews useful. I don't know when/if there will be anymore though. My wife has pretty much banned me from buying anymore. Not because of the money, they're pretty inexpensive. But mostly out of principle I guess. And something to do with children in Africa not having cases for their phones because I'm hogging all of them...:rolleyes:

Benny

I'm like you! I want to buy ALL these cases because I just can't decide which one I like. They all look really cool or they're convenient but I need to see how they feel. But then I feel guilty afterwards because I know I'll never use it again if it's crappy. So I'm trying very hard not to buy too many. Maybe 1 every couple months....

Upvote 0
oem samsung slim cases arrived.

fits nice and snug. cut outs are nice. doesn't touch the sgp curved screen protector.

would post pix, but cant find my digital camera.

what color s3 do you have? how does the clear with the stripes look? I have some clear cases, but they eff up my screen protector..... I don't like how the stripe one looks too much in the picture, wondering what your opinion is

Upvote 0
This is case I ordered,
Aluminum Metal Bumper Case cover for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300 - 4 Colors | eBay, in silver and here's what it looks like...

This is the case with the clear piece instead of black..

and the case..

What the plastic piece looks like...

Can you please tell me how much of that goes onto the front of the phone? I really like the way it looks, but I'm having a problem finding a case that doesn't screw up my screen protector (it's one of those static ones - no stickiness and the edges come up if anything touches them) TIA

Upvote 0
Samsung OEM 2pk cases
Available here: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/ETC-2PKSCEGSTA

Screen protector: SGP/Steinheil Curved Crystal

More thoughts:
- the grip on each case is 2 different heights.
- both cases have 2 holes for a strap
- this case is certainly not designed to protect the phone from a fall. Just something to the phone more grip.

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

Upvote 0
On my third dual layer case now.

The newest: Trident Aegis, as good as the commuter I had but the buttons are very nice to press.

Very nice protection and fit. A great case for someone looking for a commuter case but without the slippery effect and hard buttons.

So that makes Ballistic sg maxx, Otterbox commuter, and now the aegis.

Upvote 0
On my third dual layer case now.

The newest: Trident Aegis, as good as the commuter I had but the buttons are very nice to press.

Very nice protection and fit. A great case for someone looking for a commuter case but without the slippery effect and hard buttons.

So that makes Ballistic sg maxx, Otterbox commuter, and now the aegis.

Want to sell either of the ones u aren't using

Upvote 0
Why do you think it's not metal. I've seen a similar case, and it is metal, and most likely it's aluminum. Actually I would prefer it's plastic. Although metal looks great, it is slippery and easy to be scratched.

The "aluminum" case I was talking about can be found HERE.

I left neutral feedback without contacting the seller, stating the item was not as portrayed. Later that day I got an email from the seller saying they never got an email from expressing my dissatisfaction. Um, that's because I was already screwed. False advertisement is false advertisement. How do you fix that after the fact?

Now, the seller has changed the word "aluminum" to "metal." The case is clearly not METAL of any kind. I'm guessing this seller is trying to hide behind their limited English proficiency. I suspect this seller knows exactly what they are doing, though, hoping people find "metal" and buy one. And when the buyer realizes it's a plastic case, they'll decide negative feedback is not worth the hassle. Well, negative feedback is what keeps ebay sellers honest. I hope so, anyway.

Anyway, they did offer to refund my money if I agree to change my feedback. I think I'll take them up on their offer and still state the item was not as advertised. But they'll get their stars...

Upvote 0
Why do you think it's not metal. I've seen a similar case, and it is metal, and most likely it's aluminum. Actually I would prefer it's plastic. Although metal looks great, it is slippery and easy to be scratched.

brushed aluminum is ridiculously difficult to scratch. the side panels on my full tower desktop are brushed aluminum and theyre the only things on it that i havent been able to scratch (i take it to my friends houses sometimes)

Upvote 0
Http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-S-Shap...259023?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item5ae8879fcf

I found this case on eBay. The color is not as intense as in the photo. Since it's somewhat translucent the blue edge really lights up around the blue phone. I like the way it compliments the blue phone color. It's very effective protection and is easy to get on and off for swapping the battery when needed. Not too bulky. Can't beat the price.

Upvote 0
So I was riding my mountain bike this past Friday and did an endo. I landed on my backpack/hydropack where my phone is always stored so I can use the MyTracks app to record my session. It was a great ride until we took a "new" way down the mountain and at about 15 - 20 MPH I found out there was a large washout straight through the trail. It was about 3 feet wide and about 2 deep. Since it was near dark I only saw it at the very last minute. I managed to get across most of it but came off my bike. "HARD". I literally landed on my pack with the phone unprotected other than a thin bit of nylopn fabric and my Acase Superleggra Dula layer case. The screen always is placed so it faces my back (just for occasions like this).

All this to say I still LOVE this case. Not a scratch on the case or the phone! I think this is a testament to Both build qualities.

When I say I hit hard I mean I cracked my helmet in 3-4 places. Yet the phone is in perfect condition. I should take pics of the helmet and post. Although I do not think the phone took the exact same hit as my helmet.

+10 to Acase SuperLeggra Case and +100 to my Helmet!

Reactions: mak916 and funkpod
Upvote 0
Glad you're ok and that your phone is ok!

And looks like you need a new helmet as it did is job well.

On a side note, most people don't realize the importance of a well during helmet and the need to replace helmets probably every 2 years. The hairline cracks usually go unnoticed and the foam gets warped and stuff. $40 to protect your head is totally worth it.

I think I would like a superlagerra maybe if the inner silicone came in different colors. Good stuff for them, though!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones