• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Sale, been running the Neatrom Lite for a few hours now. Everything works great! Thank you for your effort. Just a couple of things. I am experiencing slight sluggishness in scrolling menus (settings menu) at times. I did a full wipe install. Is anyone else having this issue? maybe its kernel related? other than that the rom is superb :)

No sluggishness here. All very slick.

Loving lite and it's lack of detritus. Particularly now I've got the email hack working to stop my employers taking control over my device :)

Upvote 0
Yes plenty of wake locks, Swype crashes and Swype beta wil not auto space making it useless. I''ll test the battery tomorrow, but since I'm always with a charger battery life matters not to me. Voice search also crashes. I'm going to flash the fix salesale provided further up the link. Other than these minor glitches, JB and particularly NEAT is great.

Upvote 0
Yes plenty of wake locks, Swype crashes and Swype beta wil not auto space making it useless. I''ll test the battery tomorrow, but since I'm always with a charger battery life matters not to me. Voice search also crashes. I'm going to flash the fix salesale provided further up the link. Other than these minor glitches, JB and particularly NEAT is great.
extract swype from "removed apps" and install as a normal apk

Reactions: dynomot
Upvote 0
I've seen swype give many problems in the past if restoring from a TB backup.
Is this how you installed it?

If I install swype beta via the installer, then i never get any issues.

That's thought Hawker I installed Swype beta over a titanium backup using the installer that was also in the Titanium backup. I think I'll uninstall it all and start again with it.

Upvote 0
Anyone using the latest philz kernel? Is the only real difference the touch screen in recovery mode?

Here's the changelog posted late last night:

• 3.61 ---> 3.62: permissions fixed: now special backup and restore functions work again
  • Update to cwm 6.0.1.9 + PhilZ Touch 3.34
  • Add nandroid /preload backup & restore support
  • Add option to flash modem image from recovery
  • Fix Aroma File Manager path for devices without /emmc mount point
  • Fix: mount sdcards before launch aroma as some times we did not have access to other sdcard under aroma
  • Fix kerne/efs backup & restore for phones without /emmc
  • Optimized backup/restore status log for kernel/efs/modem: now showing true success/failure based on exit code/stderr from CAT
  • One ORS code is enough for custom and at boot scripts
  • Fixed ORS backup job log
  • Merge cm10 branch updates:
    - Add support for doing a true ext4 format of /data on /data/media devices.
    - Shorter confirmation menu if compiled as Philz Touch
I didn't spend any time with the previous version but used this fairly extensively this morning prepping and installing Lite. Maybe I've been spoiled previously but boy does it feel clunky and slow compared to the recoveries in the Siyah/Dorimanx kernels!.

Reactions: Sydney99
Upvote 0
Here's the changelog posted late last night:

[/LIST]
I didn't spend any time with the previous version but used this fairly extensively this morning prepping and installing Lite. Maybe I've been spoiled previously but boy does it feel clunky and slow compared to the recoveries in the Siyah/Dorimanx kernels!.
yep :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones