• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,
Really STUPID Question. This appears to be an awesome phone from the shape (unless it changes, which I doubt) to the sense UI, but it appears that in the 553 pages of text that no one seems to have mentioned how well the RADIO works. I had the 6900V (if I remember correctly) and the radio was not great. So how is this one.
I dont think any one knows. No one has had any hands on with the phone, minus a couple pics and some quick vids. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks we start to see some leaked info and specs!

Upvote 0
This was posted on Engadget yesterday as part of the Nexus One Complaints article. "We've had a Nexus One in daily use for a couple months now with relatively little drama, but Google's official support forums for the so-called superphone appear to be piling up a good head of steam on a handful of issues troubling owners. Perhaps the highest profile among them is the 3G signal strength issue -- a problem that predates the Nexus One's first and only firmware update -- but users are complaining about everything from unresponsive touchscreens, to failed text messages, to problems with the ambient light sensor, and there are enough "me too" responses in the support threads to warrant some serious attention."

Given that HTC makes both phones and they are similar, do the problems with the unresponsive touchscreen and ambient light sensor concern anyone? The other problems seem network related so I am not as concerned with those.

We've all waited a long time for this phone so we sure don't want any problems when we get it.

Upvote 0
So my actiontec m1424wr router that lets my wired computer run at 35 meg is the reason my wireless laptop only runs at about 16 meg????

802.11 standard has much more overhead for collision detection than 802.3 (wired Ethernet) because of the medium of transmissions. That's why the practical throughput is much less. Pack for pack, WiFi has less data than wired Ethernet.

Upvote 0
as much as i love my iPod touch ... still there is no way I'd be enticed by a VZW iPhone.

the apple "do it our way or no way" mentality i just can't take. yes, they make some nice products ... but i prefer freedom.

Yes, Apple truly makes nice products. I really love their laptops, its so nice to not have to purchase virus protection every year, and not have to worry about doing updates and scans. I only buy apple computers. As for the iPad and iPhone, I really despise those devices because you should be able to do much more with those devices then apple lets you do, so thats the down side to those products as you said. I would really like to be able to replace my iPod touch with this phone, but, Apple interface on the iPod is absolutely excellent. When I plug my iPod into my car, the iPod screen shows up on my car screen and can control it from there and stick the ipod in the center console. I wish android's will be able to support this feature. Also, another thing I really really wished that android would have an application for is the Viper StartSmart.

Viper - SmartStart Module for Viper Remote Start Systems (Basic Install Included) - Black - VSM100

I am waiting to get this installed in my car, but I can't till there is an Android application from Viper to be able to use it. It's one the coolest things I have seen. I am pretty sure a lot of manufacturers will get the message that they need to make things for Android just as fast, if not quicker, as they make it for the iPhone because the Android platform is going to be exceedingly popular as time moves forward.

I hope everyone is a little more relaxed now that we have a more solidified release date for the incredible. Have a good day folks!

Upvote 0
Ok,
Really STUPID Question. This appears to be an awesome phone from the shape (unless it changes, which I doubt) to the sense UI, but it appears that in the 553 pages of text that no one seems to have mentioned how well the RADIO works. I had the 6900V (if I remember correctly) and the radio was not great. So how is this one.

Several pages back NKT confirmed that call quality was very good.

Reactions: WVULing
Upvote 0
Still has the same Nazi driven app ecosystem as the iPhone.
I'm still using a Blackberry, so I have no idea how the apps are in the Android marketplace. Are they comparable to the iPhones? My friends with iPhones have some killer apps - and thats the only reason I would pick up an iPhone.

android has many good apps and about 60% of them are free or ad supported. if you want to browse them, go here:

http://www.androlib.com/

Upvote 0
I'm still using a Blackberry, so I have no idea how the apps are in the Android marketplace. Are they comparable to the iPhones? My friends with iPhones have some killer apps - and thats the only reason I would pick up an iPhone.

I have a Itouch and my wife has a droid.
There are things I like about the Android Market better. I like way it is laid out better. I like that I can download more than one app at a time without crashing and having to wait extended periods of time.
The apple market does have more apps but I think both have great apps and most of the rest of the apps are just useless junk anyways.

Upvote 0
I'll give Apple one credit.....their wireless routers are pretty excellent.

Completely agree with you there. I love the time capsule, its just so amazingly convenient, and I love the fact that you plug it in, and the computer recognizes it and takes care of everything and its done.

Do you use the Airport express? That is awesome too, I have that hook with home theater system and the speakers in the hallway and through out the house, and its awesome to be able to wirelessly stream music and control your speakers throughout the house.

Someone earlier said that they hope that Apple goes out of business or something, but I really don't hope so, they make awesome products, just some devices are too restrictive for me, and I don't buy it, and I can choose another product like android, but I really like that competition, it keeps everyone on their toes and make them release nicer products.

Upvote 0
I was asked not to post it because they want to watermark phandroid on them. That's fine, I can understand that.

Wireless N huh! I think this will be the first smartphone ever to have that.Awesome!!

Droid has the ability but its not enabled.

Wireless N = Awesome! I can't wait to read the user guide for the next several days and hope that it holds me over until the phone comes out. Do we think it may be available prior to the29th since it's going to be in the BBY add on the 25th. I have a feeling we may be able to call VZW the the SKU and act like we got a email about the phone and try to order it.

Its cool and all, but I will be honest, black and white basic outlines of the phone isn't too exciting to me, but maybe it will be for you guys :D the cliffnotes I gave are the most interesting things in the manua, IMO.

Yes, Apple truly makes nice products. I really love their laptops, its so nice to not have to purchase virus protection every year, and not have to worry about doing updates and scans. I only buy apple computers. As for the iPad and iPhone, I really despise those devices because you should be able to do much more with those devices then apple lets you do, so thats the down side to those products as you said. I would really like to be able to replace my iPod touch with this phone, but, Apple interface on the iPod is absolutely excellent. When I plug my iPod into my car, the iPod screen shows up on my car screen and can control it from there and stick the ipod in the center console. I wish android's will be able to support this feature. Also, another thing I really really wished that android would have an application for is the Viper StartSmart.

Viper - SmartStart Module for Viper Remote Start Systems (Basic Install Included) - Black - VSM100

I am waiting to get this installed in my car, but I can't till there is an Android application from Viper to be able to use it. It's one the coolest things I have seen. I am pretty sure a lot of manufacturers will get the message that they need to make things for Android just as fast, if not quicker, as they make it for the iPhone because the Android platform is going to be exceedingly popular as time moves forward.

I hope everyone is a little more relaxed now that we have a more solidified release date for the incredible. Have a good day folks!

At one of the recent Auto Shows, I asked the guys at the booth there about it. They said late spring timeframe for an Android app.

Reactions: zobie02
Upvote 0
Completely agree with you there. I love the time capsule, its just so amazingly convenient, and I love the fact that you plug it in, and the computer recognizes it and takes care of everything and its done.

Do you use the Airport express? That is awesome too, I have that hook with home theater system and the speakers in the hallway and through out the house, and its awesome to be able to wirelessly stream music and control your speakers throughout the house.

Someone earlier said that they hope that Apple goes out of business or something, but I really don't hope so, they make awesome products, just some devices are too restrictive for me, and I don't buy it, and I can choose another product like android, but I really like that competition, it keeps everyone on their toes and make them release nicer products.

We've been politely asked to stay on topic, so I'll just say this, anyone who currently doesn't have a wireless N router to use with their new Incredible, I would suggest an Airport Extreme (which I own). They work wonderfully with both Mac and PC computers, and can also give you network attached storage or printing through USB on the router.

Upvote 0
Android Forums
Official HTC Incredible Thread
The place to come to learn about Apple Routers, Blackberrys, VZW calling plans, peoples gun collections, rap lyrics, how fast members cars can go, and anything else you want to talk about.

Yep, it's pretty ridiculous, but it seems that it cannot be controlled. The major problem is, that all of the off topic comments make it much more difficult to get valid info about the original topic.

Reactions: beaudroid
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones