• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 10 Pre-alpha (985hPaKicK kang)

But.. I notice no differences from Cyano 9 :/ Oh well, I will just be glad to have cyano at all! Been my favorite ROM since I used it on my htc wildfire. The wildchild was really nice too, but for the htc wildfire marvel, not marvelc, so it didn't work quite right, can't remember what exactly though.

Upvote 0
Basically, yes.
Actually, no.

My understanding is that the 2nd-init hijacks the system processes after the bootloader has done its job. We cannot load any custom software that requires the bootloader to start it; ex. there will not be any custom kernels until the bootloader is unlocked, which rules out the possibility of using any ROM that requires a modified kernel.

Upvote 0
kO9Fg.png

Why?
Is it a perm ban? ...

Upvote 0
Wth.. what happened. What he do besides help?

refer back to this.

You'll see on the recovery backup thread.
But lets leave it alone. :(

We have what we need and we are grateful.
We should just continue our development.
;)

I have no idea why it started, but it was something trivial, about giving credit and user traffic. I wont say anything else, just if you want to know, go to that thread.
That being said, can we please not talk about it?

Upvote 0
so now that hroark has left the motion community which of you brave souls will now take the device tree source and compile this for the phone?
I've been wanting to set up a build environment to build CM for my Nook.

I have a 64-bit Linux install ready to go, but really don't know how to get started. My only computer, an i3 laptop, only has about 3.5 gigs of system RAM so not even sure if it's worth attempting.

Reactions: slutyman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones