• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 10 Pre-alpha (985hPaKicK kang)

Did you do a hard factory reset before flashing the firmware?

no but I figured how to get it to factory reset even while it was boot looping.

when off hold vol downa nd power till you feel vibration, release both buttons. The slide on bottom keys left to right will bring up the Android logo and factory reset phone.

Had to do it a few times to bring up logo. I just spammed the bottom bar

all of which is in the system partition, where the rom is actually flashing :/

doing any restore will restore what rom you had (in this case stock)

any idea what apk will cause the issue of morning call? i removed some system apps in the deodexed version and flashed and am getting morning call. that leads me to believe that one of the system apk`s is in direct workings on the morning call error.

any idea what apk will cause the issue of morning call? i removed some system apps in the deodexed version and flashed and am getting morning call. that leads me to believe that one of the system apk`s is in direct workings on the morning call error.

no idea youd have to ask someone who has the device and can experiment.

Not true, when you use the advanced restore you get the choice to restore parts of the rom.

yeah, which are part of the original stock rom...not the new one...the original stock rom is ICS, this new one is JB, you cannot flash system files from one onto the other and expect them to work...

if you restore anything from a backup it's all from the original rom, and will most likely not work on the new one...but you can go ahead and try, we do have an unbrick option

Most all our system files are already on our cm10, it just doesn't know where to look for them.
Just got a great idea, I compiled a cm10 nightly rom last night but was having trouble with the install cm zip file. I can fix that. However my new idea, ill post up after work!

Theres an app on the playstore that may help with our loss of data on cm 10. Its called lg ril version, it says that it is only for the lg optimus 2X though...

I sent the file to gman, he will put it up on his dropbox. Its not much though, the app isnt compatable with our phone, but im hoping someone can look around the app for help on cm10

Go to the second link and scroll down to file details, it says file size 0kb... I think horak got mad and took it down... :(
nope

dropbox cut off his account for now due to excessive traffic. as for the mirror i imagine that was prolly a bad upload more than anything :/

Back
Top Bottom