• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 10 Pre-alpha (985hPaKicK kang)

I have the cm10 zip still saved if anyone needs it. I dont have acess to my own dropbox, but ill try and upload it somewhere else.

Go to the second link and scroll down to file details, it says file size 0kb... I think horak got mad and took it down... :(

Nah the website is messed up, I just downloaded the entire thing (162MBs) right now from it. Maybe it can't detect file size for zips...idk.

Edit: says same thing with the base ROM. Also downloading fine.

Can anyone list everything that is wrong with this ROM??
I'm gonna try to see if I can use the base ROM files to fix the radio in JB.....not sure if it will work though.

Ive tried switching files around to make it work but it was a no go. It needs a device tree for our phone, that rom is using a tree for the lte2 which is quite different. I may be giving up on building this device tree, im not sure where to find all the info i need and im having trouble with the scripts running properly. Now it wont even let me back in the directory. Seems a better idea to compile cm9 from a new, might be easier....

Ive tried switching files around to make it work but it was a no go. It needs a device tree for our phone, that rom is using a tree for the lte2 which is quite different. I may be giving up on building this device tree, im not sure where to find all the info i need and im having trouble with the scripts running properly. Now it wont even let me back in the directory. Seems a better idea to compile cm9 from a new, might be easier....

You gonna need to do a lot of modding to the kernel and rom to get cm to boot because in order to have cm booting you have to have cm kernel

This was tried before and didn't work

You gonna need to do a lot of modding to the kernel and rom to get cm to boot because in order to have cm booting you have to have cm kernel

This was tried before and didn't work

Cm boots just fine and reboots into recovery fine. Just doesnt know what any of our hardware is....

Well despite implementing scripts and drivers this rom lacks a device tree entirely. It cannot read from existing directory's and modules like dev /sys etc. It would probably take about as much work as building from source to make it work.

oh, disappointing :/ If someone can get me the build for a device with a similar setup to ours, I can try porting it. Also, for some reason I can't download cretinoid's version, connection keeps dropping to the mirror he used. Can someone upload it somewhere else for me? Preferably dropbox. Or am I forgetting that there was an issue with it?

If there was a device similar to ours with a rom it would be easy. Unfortunately they all have locked bootloaders too. If I get a chance ill make sure my last build of cm10 installs I will host it up. I has our wifi drivers And a few of our scripts loading correctly with it

Back
Top Bottom