• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Shinjitsu Rom 1.5.2.4 OTA Available(Discontinued)

Which battery icon do you like better?

• 1.5b Battery Icon

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 1.5.1c Battery Icon

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
Hey guys, I know I haven't been too reliable in the past (sorry), but since shin's (a.k.a. the best rom developer ever) phone is k.i.a., I'll be picking up where he left off. If you have any ideas on improvements or customization, please message me. I'd love input from you guys. Shin made this rom with us in mind, and I plan to continue that same idea.

Upvote 0
I just wanted to report in an ongoing issue I've had through several versions of this rom.

Problem is that my mic doesn't work when anything is connected via headphone port, ever!

I often use the headset port in the cars since the Sony CD player wont recognize the player in USB storage mode.

Back before i used this rom, i could take calls when connected and talk using the phones mic and hear through the car stereo. Now i have to disconnect each time i get a call for the mic to work! Kind of a pain!

Upvote 0
I meant to post here... I will be releasing a small update for the N860

EDIT: Update is uploaded you should get a notification in the next few hours. as i said its a very small udpate but will make my rom run even better then before. includes some kernel tweaks, Vm tweaks, and minfree/oom values

Upvote 0
First off, I forgot how modded up you themed this, it's lovely!

I will keep running this for a while and let you know if I find any issues, so far it's running smooth!

minor details:

solid explorer only worked for one use, then it says that the beta expired and need to install a new version from the play store, not a big deal but annoying

not sure if it's just the dark theme but if I put the phone on auto brightness indoors it seems slightly dimmer than "normal" coming from other ROMs...

EDIT: when you said it would free up some RAM, did you mean swap or RAM? The memory used shows only 2% of ram free, which I think is normal for android, swap shows 99% free. I am loading the phone up with my normal bloatware to give it a run for it's money with some heavier apps running and will report back.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones