• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero ROM update on Orange now available

hey all, just downloaded rom update from htc. for the Orange handset, part way through the update i got the following.

Error [132]: Signarure error

Yes thats the above exactly how it was, there wasnt a 't' in the message i got.

anyone know what this error is, I havent been able to find it on htc or a google search. (apart from another language i couldnt figure out what it ment)

Orange Branded HERO Firmware 1.5
Build 1.76.61.3 146733 CL#46012

Ive got the same phone and am getting the same error with both the Orange update, and the generic one. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I've tried from 3 locations. Htc, the guy who posted and I found all the stock ROMs on the net. IT sucks now as I don't have internet where I am so have been downloading it via a laptop connected to my phone. Now I've almost hit my web usage I dread to think how much orange charge if I go over.

Could be the d/l was corrupted. Maybe try downloading from the link in post #39?

Upvote 0
Personally I invested the $3.99 (or something similar) for an app called MyBackup Pro - this will back up and restore everything on your phone. I highly recommend it.

Photo's and music will stay (as they are on the SD card if I recall correctly).
EVERYTHING else, and I mean everything, will get wiped: mms, sms, contacts, phone set up, home screens, phone and security settings, etc.
However the MyBackup Pro app will save most of that.
Although I did have a problem with some shortcuts I had on some home screens. Still no biggy to put them back though.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Sorry to disappoint you, but HTC can't have released it without Orange's blessing.

Yeah, Slug's right (well, it's not physically impossible for them, obviously, but there's no way they'd do it).

In some of the other pre-Orange-ROM-release threads there have been e-mails from Orange UK/HTC to customers saying that it was in testing, etc, and would be on the way soon. Orange definitely know about this.

Upvote 0
I have just loaded the orange update, all seemed fine until I restored all my information from Mybackup, now I keep getting an error saying that '

The application TouchFlo (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

It asks me to force quit. I have turned it off waited for half an hour, turned it on again and its still all the same!

Can anyone help?

Upvote 0
Yeah, Slug's right (well, it's not physically impossible for them, obviously, but there's no way they'd do it).

In some of the other pre-Orange-ROM-release threads there have been e-mails from Orange UK/HTC to customers saying that it was in testing, etc, and would be on the way soon. Orange definitely know about this.

Orange were the people that told me about the update, as I had complained to them early this week that the update wasnt available.

Upvote 0
I have just loaded the orange update, all seemed fine until I restored all my information from Mybackup, now I keep getting an error saying that '

The application TouchFlo (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

It asks me to force quit. I have turned it off waited for half an hour, turned it on again and its still all the same!

Can anyone help?

I also had this problem when I restored some of my settings with mybackup, thought my phone was buggered but i did the rom update again and it works (phew!!)

To sync your phone to your pc again u will need to miss call you and that will 'activate' the screen so u are able use the notifications bar.
hope it works for you.

Upvote 0
I also had this problem when I restored some of my settings with mybackup, thought my phone was buggered but i did the rom update again and it works (phew!!)

To sync your phone to your pc again u will need to miss call you and that will 'activate' the screen so u are able use the notifications bar.
hope it works for you.

Thanks for this. Its all working now, well I say that... Something has gone wrong with my contacts now, they all appear to be from google and nothing on the phone! Mybackup warned me about something like this (using gmail sync) but I wasnt quite sure what it meant! I now get an error message warning me that to many contacts have been deleted... basically I have all my google contacts, all i want were my original phone contacts

Upvote 0
Finally done it I downloaded the Rom again from HTC. It worked.

With all the errors people have been saying about backups I didn't bother.

I let it wipe the phone I moved my pics to pc. And formatted the as card. It took about 5 min to load all my apps back from market. Contacts synchronized with Google. Hooked up sd card and moved photos back

Max 20 min and no errors so far. If you don't mind I would not suggest a back up

Upvote 0
About to Upgrade Hero Orange ROM. Not sure how to back up my phone contacts and applications I have down loaded from Android market. Any suggestions? Can I use use HTC sync to back up on my PC?

The Apps you've downloaded show in Market - My Downloads

If you save your contacts to your sim card, they'll stay there too. Wish I'd thought to check - I personally have a *lot* of contacts to put back in :eek:

Upvote 0
May I just add something to the instructions that I wish I'd known?

Make sure you've installed HTC Sync before you start.

Sounds obvious, but I'd always just used the SD card as a file folder, never thought I needed Sync. I spent a stupid amount of time yesterday trying to install the new ROM and wondering why I kept getting the "Found new hardware" wizard along with an error message on the ROM installer that told me there was no usb device connected.

Ah well, you live and learn ;)

Upvote 0
Something has gone wrong with my contacts now, they all appear to be from google and nothing on the phone! Mybackup warned me about something like this (using gmail sync) but I wasnt quite sure what it meant! I now get an error message warning me that to many contacts have been deleted... basically I have all my google contacts, all i want were my original phone contacts

I've got the same problem, imported them back over to the phone using Mybackup and they show as google not phone contacts! Anyone got any ideas how to correct this please??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones